Which skiboards would suit me best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which skiboards would suit me best?

So I'm looking to buy my first skiboards from revel8 but I don't know which ones to get. I'm leaning towards the Revolts right now based on what people saying.

I've skied, rollerbladed, and ice skated before, but I wouldn't consider myself even an intermediate haha but I'm pretty comfortable in riding/skating in general.

The main thing is that I'm somewhere about 6'2 to 6'3 in height and I guess I have a skinny or "lanky" build. With my long skinny legs I'm guessing a certain skiboard would feel quite different for me than other peoples? Lol so if there's anyone similar to me, or that can give me some advice on what to get for me would be appreciated.

Originally posted by choochootrain View Post
    So I'm looking to buy my first skiboards from revel8 but I don't know which ones to get. I'm leaning towards the Revolts right now based on what people saying.

I've skied, rollerbladed, and ice skated before, but I wouldn't consider myself even an intermediate haha but I'm pretty comfortable in riding/skating in general.

The main thing is that I'm somewhere about 6'2 to 6'3 in height and I guess I have a skinny or "lanky" build. With my long skinny legs I'm guessing a certain skiboard would feel quite different for me than other peoples? Lol so if there's anyone similar to me, or that can give me some advice on what to get for me would be appreciated.
    Welcome to the forum. Tell us your weight and what type of terrain you want to ride and we can then make some recommendations. If you have not done so already, check out this guide for narrowing your options: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum....php?t=7115#en

BTW: Are you near Edmonton?
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

I'm somewhere about 6'2 to 6'3 in height and I guess I have a skinny or "lanky" build.
      I'm 6'4" w/ a similar build. If you are looking to maximize the skate-like feel and still be able to take on the whole mountain, I would recommend the KTPs. They are the longest board I have ridden that I don't notice a swing weight while jumping around.

Since you have experience on long skis, the Revolts might be what you are looking for. The trade off is that they have a little bit more swing weight, making them slightly less "playful", but you will get a little extra stability as a result. The Revolts also offer more flex than the KTPs, which can be an advantage or disadvantage depending on what you plan on doing.

At your size, the shortest I would go would be the 98cm Slapdash. I love these boards because they are super light, but they are a little more limited in deeper snow and changing conditions, due to the decreased surface area.

As slow said, if you give us a little more on what type of riding you plan on, it will be even easier to help you.

Comment

Yup I am Edmonton area why? thanks for the link, I forgot to put my weight in there I'm about 145 pounds.

I wanted to ride terrain parks and groomers mostly, I probably won't go on powder runs but ehh maybe I'll wanna try it sometime... not top priority though. Im gonna want to go on jumps at some point definitely though.

KTP's sound pretty good too.

Comment

On a sidenote, it would be great if anybody knows any places around edmonton that sell skiboards?

Comment

On a sidenote, it would be great if anybody knows any places around edmonton that sell skiboards?
            High quality Revel8 and Spruce skiboards are only sold in Canada online at SBOL and at Shop Task in Vancouver, http://www.shop-task.com/.

As for the question about Edmonton, just curious where the Canadian members are hiding.

Based on your height and weight you would not go wrong with the KTP, Revolts or ALP/DLP.
            sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Yeah I hope there's other skiboarders in edmonton to hang out with. thanks a lot probably going with the KTP now

Comment

Working...
              X