Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up a new ride...

'65 Chevy Malibu SS
    For now it has the original 283 w/powerglide transmission, but that will eventually be swapped with an LS series corvette engine & tranny. Paint is coming soon, primer black for now.

Other planned upgrades are:
    Disc brakes all around
    Wheel/tire combo that fits better
    Suspension upgrades, bushings, etc.
    Radio/speaker upgrades
    A/C installation
    Re-chroming various bits and pieces
    Upgraded rear-end
    Dave | Elevendy

Ooo, Ooo your gonna put hydraulics and spinners on it right?

Nice car man, should be a beautiful car when your done.
    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

congrats! good pickup, those are nice cars.

few years ago pops sold his 70 mailbu SS clone with a 454. unreal car

love the classics, good luck with it

Comment

My dad has the same car but he went all stock as opposed to putting a bigger engine and better trany. I wish he would have put a big block but it's still a fun car to drive. I love the looks too. I'll have to find a picture of it tonight. Are you going to put different paint on it? I actually like the flat black on it.
        08 Condors -> FF Pros | 08 KTPs -> FF Pros | Line Sun 83s -> Line comp. Freeblocks

Comment

yeah I need to paint it - the flat black is just primer and wouldn't stop potential rust issues since it's porous and not meant for long term exterior abuse. I'm still undecided on keeping the black vinyl top so the first paint job will be a quickie Earl Scheib job to hold me over for a couple years. Down the road when funds are more plentiful I will go with the full 2-stage paint job with proper prep etc.

I'm most likely painting the bottom with a graphite or gunmetal metallic for now. Should be sick looking.

Here's a sample of the color:

Dave | Elevendy

Comment

love that color....with black wheels yeaaa thats sick!

Comment

dcox20,

Absolutely fabulous choice. Jealousy factor = stratospheric.

Every once in awhile one of the local kids will get his hands on some American heavy metal. While they always seem to overdo things like ground effects (to my aging tastes) they also always work the projects to absolute perfection. Always nice to see. Unfortunately, junk yards here aren't really what we as Americans are used to - they are more like small, expensive, second hand shops. I'll give you an example - I went with a friend about a month ago for a hubcap for an older (8 years old) Toyota Land Cruiser. The junk yard had them. Essentially new condition. $85 per hubcap. He ended up purchasing 4 nice aluminum rims (replacing the steel rims) for $220. Rims are "generic" items.
              "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Have you picked out your driving hat yet?
                I'd vote for a Fedora.

Comment

Love the colour you're wanting to go with, and love the car. Keep us posted on what you do with it!
                  2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Talking to quickie paint guy tomorrow :-)
                    Dave | Elevendy

Comment

Working...
                    X