No announcement yet.

US open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm for making this a Vermont Meetup, best mountains I've ridden with the exception of Mt Bohemia
    Revel8 ALPdors
    Gold Revel8 Receptors
    Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
    ____
    Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
    If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

It'll most likely be in VT. Possibly Mtn Creek in NJ. We have no solid connections and since this is something less on the mountain we are able to do it at a resort with a much better park. Places in VT/NY/NJ/PA are more centralized and have less expensive airport options.
      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by fourdown View Post
        It'll most likely be in VT. Possibly Mtn Creek in NJ. We have no solid connections and since this is something less on the mountain we are able to do it at a resort with a much better park. Places in VT/NY/NJ/PA are more centralized and have less expensive airport options.
        Mount Snow. Hands down best park in the east. Nobody's jumps even compare, and nobody has such a good variety of features. Plus I know a few people in the immediate area that might be willing to provide free lodging for a weekend.
        "If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." -WM

"I'M THE BEST SNOWLERBLADER ON THE MOUNTAIN!!!"

Comment

The three most likely options would be:

Mount Snow - Top parks in northeast, 18' halfpipe, housing options, connections with Revel8, friendly atmosphere

Mountain Creek - Great rails, bulk resort housing, connections with Revel8, friendly atmosphere, always has been the/one of the most successful of skiboard meet-up locations

Stratton - One of the top parks in the northeast, 22' halfpipe, boardercross course, friendly atmosphere, best tree runs in the northeast, great parking options on the park side of the resort
          I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

i like it.

Comment

The three most likely options would be:

Mount Snow - Top parks in northeast, 18' halfpipe, housing options, connections with Revel8, friendly atmosphere

Mountain Creek - Great rails, bulk resort housing, connections with Revel8, friendly atmosphere, always has been the/one of the most successful of skiboard meet-up locations

Stratton - One of the top parks in the northeast, 22' halfpipe, boardercross course, friendly atmosphere, best tree runs in the northeast, great parking options on the park side of the resort
              For the record, Mountain Creek has a halfpipe too. I don't know how big it is though, the only one I've been in was the minipipe at Mount Snow.
              I Ski 4 Smitty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan View Post
                For the record, Mountain Creek has a halfpipe too. I don't know how big it is though, the only one I've been in was the minipipe at Mount Snow.
                It is tiny. We are in the age of superpipes.
                I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Stratton - best tree runs in the northeast, great parking options on the park side of the resort
                  For the record, this is false. Stratton is just as flat if not flatter than Mount Snow. And the parking at Carinthia is equally good. Stratton's park is a lot of fun and less crowded than Nitro at Carinthia though. If we held it at Stratton just after the Snowboarding US Open that would be sick. That course is always pretty legit. Also it should be noted that Stratton is a 20-30 min drive from Mount Snow, so it is possible to have a day at both mountains if it is going to be a weekend thing.
                  "If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." -WM

"I'M THE BEST SNOWLERBLADER ON THE MOUNTAIN!!!"

Comment

It is tiny. We are in the age of superpipes.
                    Keep in mind the people who have never been in a super pipe, or a pipe at that. that is if we do a pipe sech

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasdiCicco View Post
                      Keep in mind the people who have never been in a super pipe, or a pipe at that. that is if we do a pipe sech
                      lol im a halfpipe noob too, ive only been in a pipe once.....i fell....a lot..but itll make an intresting competition

Comment

Haha I totally understand being a noob in the pipe. But, keep in mind that it is a competition. This is why it will be a weekend meet as well. People who want to just ride and have fun do not have to compete in events. The comp will be run in a legit manner. Those competing will be taking it seriously as there will be money on the line.
                        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

stratton blows
                          facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

I don't know cause I have never been. Killington was a lot of fun when we where there on tour. They have the dew tour there so maybe after the dew tour?

Comment

Haha I totally understand being a noob in the pipe. But, keep in mind that it is a competition. This is why it will be a weekend meet as well. People who want to just ride and have fun do not have to compete in events. The comp will be run in a legit manner. Those competing will be taking it seriously as there will be money on the line.
                              Yea i understand if someone doesn't wanna go all out they don't haft to. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
                                stratton blows
                                Really? How many times have you been there? Last year's end of the season jam setup was probably the sickest rail setup of all-time. Kirk can second that. And, right after the Snowboarding US Open they course was a Flat Rail/ Down Box, Up Box, 30', 40' 60', Cannon Rail/Box to 40'.
                                I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Working...
                                X