Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless Winter-Jeff M. Climbs and Rides the Sherpa July 16th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless Winter-Jeff M. Climbs and Rides the Sherpa July 16th!

My neighbor, Jeff M. , was a former skier but has let his skis gather dust for years in his garage. He got back into skiing this year and was thinking about buying some new equipment , but I leant him a Sherpa and Spruce riser and he has had a great time on the rig at the resort this last winter . He got some new ski boots late in the season and this is is first backcountry adventure on the new 2011 Fritschi Pro Ride / Sherpa rig offered for the first time this last season by Spruce . He had a great time and I think I have found a new backcountry recruit !

Hot weather is shrinking the snow pack at our local ski area , that turned the lifts for the last time on the July 4th weekend.... but there is still snow left for summer turns if you are willing to hike for the goods...

Jeff climbing up the ribbons of snow .. Backcountry Sherpa rig worked perfectly ....

Some of the snow is getting pretty darn bumpy !

Here I am climbing the upper bowl .. snow is better there ( I am on Condors with BTK climbing rig)

Here I am coming up toward the summit... snow is getting a bit dirty LOL !

Jeff at the top !

Here is a little video ...

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.
Working...
X