Rep'n the sport no matter what...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep'n the sport no matter what...

Ok, so here's what happens. I go to a junky resort in NC to go skiboarding for my last time of the season. Snow wasn't too bad at the start of the day, but as the day progressed, the wonderfully thin amount of packed powder turns to slush. No big deal, right, except for the ice layer below that. Seems not to serious but when you have people on snowboards for the first time taking chunks out of said ice makes it slightly dangerous. So I come down the mountain on a GREEN CIRCLE -.-" (still angers me) going maybe 20-25mph and carving so low I am near inches off the ground. Soon I reach close to the bottom of the mountain and I skid across an ice patch thinking "ok no big deal just ride it out", but no, somehow managed to catch a front edge in the gash missing in the middle. Performed a perfect superman pose...3 feet off the ground. Extended my elbows as a reflex and braced for the crash, landed directly into my left elbow dislocating my shoulder from where it normally hangs out to under my collar bone...quarter way cross my chest (OUCH!!!). Once I noticed my shoulder was missing, I was a little nervous. Got to the hospital after a painful hour and received the wonderful pain meds. As they were giving me propaline (the meds to knock me out so they can put my shoulder back), I dont remember past about 100mg of it but they gave me 200mg of propaline (max dose before they paralize me for a few mins as an alternative) but as I was high off my butt, the doctors told me afterwards, I was talking about skiboards and basically promoting the sport so to speak. So, I was pretty proud of myself that in all that pain, I still care about the sport enough to talk about it when I can barely focus.
    KMARTsoup
    2010 Revolt "Trees"
    2009 Snowjam 90's
    2010 Technica Phoenix 90 boots

Man , you got pretty messed up .. wonder you could talk about anything .... I might have been moaning and screaming ... ! get better soon, for sure !!!
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Ouch!
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Rest up!!!!!

Is that I Sheba Imu dog in your Avatar?
        C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

haha no biggie, should've gotten on the lift for another run! Once upon a time i saw a skier fall off a rail, he got to the bottom of the hill, took his glove off and poured out blood, saw his wrist was broken, and jumped on the lift for another run, i guess some guys won't leave the mountain on a bad note!

Comment

Originally posted by MattRoth View Post
            haha no biggie, should've gotten on the lift for another run! Once upon a time i saw a skier fall off a rail, he got to the bottom of the hill, took his glove off and poured out blood, saw his wrist was broken, and jumped on the lift for another run, i guess some guys won't leave the mountain on a bad note!
            that kid was a moron
            Revel8 ALPdors
            Gold Revel8 Receptors
            Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
            ____
            Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
            If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisEvans View Post
              that kid was a moron
              Easy, dude. I rode another run in the park when I broke my pinky in two places and rode the entire rest of the day when I dislocated my shoulder on my second run.
              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by fourdown View Post
                Easy, dude. I rode another run in the park when I broke my pinky in two places and rode the entire rest of the day when I dislocated my shoulder on my second run.
                I rode another two tree runs after I slammed my knee into the tree at Midwest but that doesn't mean it was smart.
                Last edited by DennisEvans; 02-11-2011, 10:29 AM. Reason: there is no park at Bohemia
                Revel8 ALPdors
                Gold Revel8 Receptors
                Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                ____
                If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

If you're into making smart decisions than you are in the wrong type of sport. Smart decisions are for people who live life safely. If people were making smart decisions in sports we wouldn't have any of these types of sports. Think about it, sliding down a steep mountain with two pieces of wood on your feet. And I know, you mean smart as in making a decision after getting hurt. But, who cares.
                  I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Next season is right around the corner!
                    rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                    ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Ya...not the safest sport in the world but that is why I love it so much and ya I would have gotten back up and gone for more skiboarding if my shoulder wasnt nested in my chest as much lol. Funny thing was I was actually considering pulling my arm back in place but the girl with me (who is training to be a pt) wouldnt do it for me and there was no way I could do it without 20 mins of agonizing pain. And Pinkkid, Im not sure just found it like a year ago and loved it...
                      KMARTsoup
                      2010 Revolt "Trees"
                      2009 Snowjam 90's

Comment

See, girls in the medical field can be a drag. A dude would have done it. My ex is an OT and she wouldn't temporarily fix my shoulder when I messed it up this past shoulder. But, I love girls
                        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by fourdown View Post
                          See, girls in the medical field can be a drag. A dude would have done it. My ex is an OT and she wouldn't temporarily fix my shoulder when I messed it up this past shoulder. But, I love girls
                          some of them get really pissy when you have to sit down because you just partially popped your shoulder out and back in. I did it last year right after a rail jam, went and sat in an empty chair and got bitched at by this woman from the medical tent for sitting down.
                          Revel8 ALPdors
                          Gold Revel8 Receptors
                          Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                          ____

Comment

That's why you get the medical training yourself, so if you injure yourself you can do anything you need, and evaluate if it's a decent choice to keep riding.
                            2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Ya...if i had time in-between studying for my business classes and working on my aviation stuff I would love to do med stuff but no time....yay college -.-
                              KMARTsoup
                              2010 Revolt "Trees"
                              2009 Snowjam 90's

Comment

Working...
                              X