Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiboard boot recommendations

Hi all,
    Recently discovered these forums + the sport of skiboarding, and I am trying to get the right gear! I recently purchased the Spruce 120cm with Spruce releasable bindings, and now I am looking for the right boots. I went to the local ski shop, but I am not sure if they know what they are doing. My mondo point was 27.5, and the guy said I had narrow feet. I tried on the Nordica Hot Rod 85s, which fit pretty well and I liked them, but they seemed like they have more of a forward stance? I've read on these boards that I should be looking for a more upright boot, that is softer? Does anyone have specific model recommendations?

Going to be skiing blues and blacks on the east coast, mostly just bombing down the mountain - no park for me. I've ski'd before many years ago, and I've been snowboarding (though not hardcore) for the past 5 years. My price ceiling is $500, but that is pushing it a bit!

Originally posted by Ranma View Post
    Hi all,
    Recently discovered these forums + the sport of skiboarding, and I am trying to get the right gear! I recently purchased the Spruce 120cm with Spruce releasable bindings, and now I am looking for the right boots. I went to the local ski shop, but I am not sure if they know what they are doing. My mondo point was 27.5, and the guy said I had narrow feet. I tried on the Nordica Hot Rod 85s, which fit pretty well and I liked them, but they seemed like they have more of a forward stance? I've read on these boards that I should be looking for a more upright boot, that is softer? Does anyone have specific model recommendations?

Going to be skiing blues and blacks on the east coast, mostly just bombing down the mountain - no park for me. I've ski'd before many years ago, and I've been snowboarding (though not hardcore) for the past 5 years. My price ceiling is $500, but that is pushing it a bit!
    It's going to depend on what fits you best, but with narrow feet I would look at full tilts.

Comment

No park, huh? You might change your mind with the stability and freedom these boards afford you. What I would do is explain my situation to the ski shop guy. Tell him you're looking for a softer-ish, more upright boot under $500. Boots in your price range that I tried on and liked (I'm a 26.5, normal width)

Dalbello's Venom 80s (or 90s, which are a bit more expensive at $450) - I felt these boots really locked me in, but the instep was a bit too low and the top of my foot felt like it was pressing something hard
      Dalbello VooDoo ($350) - Overall pretty damn comfortable. I felt it lacked support compared to the Venom.
      Salomon Quest 8 ($400) - The boot I bought. I felt it just fit my foot the best and was in between the Venom and Dalbello in terms of support. It also had a rubber boot board, which I wanted to help mitigate harsh landings. It is important to not the large amount of controversy surround the Quest boots. You may not want to buy them based on your ethical standards.
      Anything from the Full Tilt line that's under $500, and I think you'll find anything with a #6 tongue and under will be flexy enough for you: I was initially sold on the Full Tilts, however I felt the Quests fit my foot better. Definitely explore your options.

Also check out the Dalbello Axiom 8. Those are based on Raichle's old 3-piece design, like the Full Tilts (but sales guys will tell you that the Dalbello design is an improvement). Unfortunately, they did not have them in my size, so I couldn't try them.

My best advice is to go into a boot store not having your heart set on any one boot. Making the right decision (choosing the boot that fits you best) will be easier that way.

Comment

Fit and confort is most important but i would be looking at "park" boots. Park boots are generally a bit more flexy and have a bit more upright stance for riding backwards. I would go to fulltilts website and find your closest dealer. IF they fit well then they are great.

Don't rule out shops at the ski hill. I bought my boots from hunter mountain ski resort. It was great, when i had a pressure point I could go right in off of the hill and have them work on it and then go skiing again to see if it was better.
        www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
        DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
        Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
        GGO soft boot bindings
        Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Working...
        X