WTB: Bindings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Bindings!

My collection of skiboards keeps growing, but I still only have one set of bindings. I'm looking to grab another set so my friends who want to try out skiboarding can ride one of my spare pairs while I'm on the mountain. I'm open to pretty much everything...let me know what you have!
    '12 DPS 112RP
    '11 Condors
    '07 soft ALPs

I've got some Line FF Aluminums and some Canon basics. What kinda spare boards are you going to put these on?

The Aluminums are almost as beastly as Receptors, however they tend to loosen without blue loctite.

The Canons are weaker bindings for sure, but you know, I never broke the bales on my Snowblades and these are as thick or thicker than those.

Comment

I have 09 Spruce Pro Jr bindings. Willing to sell for 125.

Comment

Originally posted by koneco View Post
        I've got some Line FF Aluminums and some Canon basics. What kinda spare boards are you going to put these on?

The Aluminums are almost as beastly as Receptors, however they tend to loosen without blue loctite.

The Canons are weaker bindings for sure, but you know, I never broke the bales on my Snowblades and these are as thick or thicker than those.
        ALPs, Condors and Canon M7s. Probably ALPs most of the time. My current bindings are Canon TD-1s, which are plastic, and they've held up fine with aggressive riding on ALPs. Are those the Canons you have, or are they something different? They are the ones on this page. I have a few questions about the Lines: where do the they loosen? Where the bindings screw down to the boards? Is that something that may be fixed with new screws? How bad is the loosening?

It sounds like either of those would get the job done. Do you have any pics?

lthuynh, I'm gonna have to pass for now. That's a bit more than I want to spend for loaner bindings, and I don't think the Pro Jr is the right model for my riding style.
        '12 DPS 112RP
        '11 Condors
        '07 soft ALPs

Comment

Originally posted by Casezilla View Post
          ALPs, Condors and Canon M7s. Probably ALPs most of the time. My current bindings are Canon TD-1s, which are plastic, and they've held up fine with aggressive riding on ALPs. Are those the Canons you have, or are they something different? They are the ones on this page. I have a few questions about the Lines: where do the they loosen? Where the bindings screw down to the boards? Is that something that may be fixed with new screws? How bad is the loosening?

It sounds like either of those would get the job done. Do you have any pics?

lthuynh, I'm gonna have to pass for now. That's a bit more than I want to spend for loaner bindings, and I don't think the Pro Jr is the right model for my riding style.
          Well, I honestly haven't ever ridden the aluminums, but I've heard that they might experience loosening where the bindings attach to the boards. I'm sure it's not THAT bad, but you'd want to bring along a #3 pozidrive T-wrench/some other handle that allows you some torque on that first ride ('cause cold is what makes the metal contract, so tightening after they've had a chance to get frosty is not a bad idea). If they loosened after that, you'd probably want to apply some blue loctite and retighten them. I bet I am making these sound unusable, so I hope a more experienced boarder can pop in and set me straight.

The Canon bindings are definitely not like the ones shown in that picture. I do not have pics of the Canons, and my gas guzzler of a camera has killed my batteries, so it'll be a bit before I can get any pics up. They would be the cheaper option.

The Lines I have here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bmjudar/...eat=directlink

Comment

Those lines are top quality bindings. Whenever I remount any brand of binding I take a screw driver with me to the slopes. Sometimes they need to be tightened the first 1-2 times out. Thats true with all bindings. Actually I leave a screwdriver, or allen wrench depending on the binding in the skiboard bag pocket, that way I always have it.
            If you still have trouble after that then just use blue locktite.
            www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
            DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
            Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
            GGO soft boot bindings
            Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

That's what I was thinking. The same thing happens to my Canons and its not a big deal.

koneco, sent you a PM.
              '12 DPS 112RP
              '11 Condors
              '07 soft ALPs

Comment

I'm buying koneco's FF Aluminums. Thanks for the offers everybody!
                '12 DPS 112RP
                '11 Condors
                '07 soft ALPs

Comment

Update: koneco's bindings arrived last wednesday as advertised. A++++ would buy again etc.
                  '12 DPS 112RP
                  '11 Condors
                  '07 soft ALPs

Comment

Originally posted by Casezilla View Post
                    Update: koneco's bindings arrived last wednesday as advertised. A++++ would buy again etc.
                    Lol, thanks for the positive feedback. You win the esteemed honor of being a reference in the future. :P

And Casezilla, maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but did you sell me some Rhino ALPs in the past?

Comment

Nah, that wasn't me.
                      '12 DPS 112RP
                      '11 Condors
                      '07 soft ALPs

Comment

Working...
                      X