Revolt or KTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolt or KTP

I know this question has been discussed over and over (and trust me I researched most of those posts) but I still can't make up my mind.
    It seems that carving on the Revolt is easier but then the KTP has those nice extra holes that offer superior powder snow capabilities.
    I'm 170 lbs / 6 ft 1 in and I'd consider myself an advanced (but not expert) SKIer.
    I like to go fast sometimes but wouldn't consider myself extremely aggressive.
    I want to use the boards mostly for groomed runs but want to be able to have fun in the powder and park as well.

So in general I think the revolt would be a good choice for me but then I like those extra holes on the KTP which would allow me to easily convert the board in a powder boards...
    On the other side I read several people in this board complaining about the fact that carving with the KTPs is a lot of work...
    So I consider to get the revolt and then in case I determine I need better deep snow capabilities, maybe get an additional condor board in the future (since this should perform even better in powder then the ktp with the rear binding screws used, shouldn't it?)... But then having to carry just one board around would be more convenient and cheaper as well...

I wonder what people think about this and particularly if my weight/height makes a difference here as well as the fact that I will be using spruces riser bindings...

Thanks for your suggestions,
    KTP
    38.46%
    Revolt
    61.54%

The poll is expired.

Someone on here said a few weeks ago, I think it was Jpark "pick the one with the graphics you like best". At first I thought he was crazy, but i think I sort of understand what he is saying. I know I went through a lot of stress trying to figure out what boards would fit me best. But unfortunately you won't really know untill you have tried them all. I am begining to think each board has its own personality, and you just have to find which one is the best companion for you.

I don't think you have to worry to much about the KTPs width since the riser bindings give you more leverage, however Revolts will be easier. I would add ALP/DLP to your poll. I dont think you can go wrong with those 3 boards.
    www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
    DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
    Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
    GGO soft boot bindings
    Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

When you cant figure out which board to get, even after endless discussion, there is only one surefire way to chose... get 'em both!
      Crossbow (go to dream board)
      Most everything else over time.
      Go Android

Comment

yes that was me. Honestly I can't vote on this poll. they 're both good just different style

trust me i went through the same thing and still it comes and goes.
        I rode Tansho, bwp, ktp, revolt, alp.
        still can't decide. for now I am sticking with KTP and maybe getting Revolt.
        i love bwp as well. but as mentioned, they all are different in some ways.
        so you just figure out what your riding style is.

Kirk is the tallest pro I've met and riding 101cm KTP.
        Dave is shorter than Kirk but he's riding 110cm ALP.
        Many pp ride Revolt (all around boards)

they are just different in styles.

so if you don't know what to get, get the one with better graphic you like and try.
        i am sure ( and confident that) you'll like whichever. and you'll find out more about your riding style
        and later you can decide to sell them and get another one.

that's what i've been doing for last season.
        EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. so everything you read is just for your information. you just have to TRY YOURSELF.
        2011 Receptor Gold on 2010 KTP and DLP

Comment

Originally posted by JPARK View Post
          yes that was me. Honestly I can't vote on this poll. they 're both good just different style

trust me i went through the same thing and still it comes and goes.
          I rode Tansho, bwp, ktp, revolt, alp.
          still can't decide. for now I am sticking with KTP and maybe getting Revolt.
          i love bwp as well. but as mentioned, they all are different in some ways.
          so you just figure out what your riding style is.

Kirk is the tallest pro I've met and riding 101cm KTP.
          Dave is shorter than Kirk but he's riding 110cm ALP.
          Many pp ride Revolt (all around boards)

they are just different in styles.

so if you don't know what to get, get the one with better graphic you like and try.
          i am sure ( and confident that) you'll like whichever. and you'll find out more about your riding style
          and later you can decide to sell them and get another one.

that's what i've been doing for last season.
          EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. so everything you read is just for your information. you just have to TRY YOURSELF.
          I've ridden Revolts, KTPs, and ALPs.....as a 6 foot 3 195 pound rider....The Alps/Dlps are my favorite in all conditions. The Revolts are just a shorter version of the ALPs/DLPs. I Vote Revolts!

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
            When you cant figure out which board to get, even after endless discussion, there is only one surefire way to chose... get 'em both!
            I agree.

If that's not feasable, forget those two options and go with ALPs.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I vote Revolts over any other board. They are perfect in every single way. It's my board of choice all the way. The only reason I ride on 110s is when I need a lot more speed for the largest jumps. Revolts are so versatile in all situations. Not to mention they have a great selection with the dopest graphics. Revolts.
              I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Working...
              X