No announcement yet.

Cant Decide: Tansho or the BWP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jpark is right about the bindings loosening on snowjams. It is a known problem with them that the 4 phillips head screws that attatch it to the board loosen up the first few times out. You must make sure the threads are clean, no oil at all. And bring a screw driver with you to the park the first few times out to check them. Those suggestions are valid with all bindings.
    www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
    DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
    Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
    GGO soft boot bindings
    Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

I never had problems with my ExtremeII's before I got my Bombers, but I did use blue loctite on those.
      2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

Extreme IIs are a decent binding, but go Receptors if you can afford it. Blue Loctite will definitely take care of any screw loosening problems.
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Would some loctite help the screw situation? what makes the receptor bindings better? I understand the Bomber IIs are different because of their design, but the all aluminum with padding underneath with the Extreme II is very similar to the receptors.

Comment

Chewierm16 I have never seen a receptor binding, but I have extremeII, bomber, and Line FFpros. The FFpros are same design as receptor and extremeII, and the quality level should be similar to the Receptors. The main difference is the wire bails. they are much thicker and they are what hold the boot. There also may be a difference in the durometor of the rubber.
            The fit an finish of the extremeII is no where as nice, but that is purely cosmetic. Basically the extremeII has cast pieces where as the Receptors should be all machined billet alluminum.

So to sum up the thinner bails on the snowjams cause them to distort when locking your boots in. This primarily gives a feel of junkiness, they do not pre-release when using them. Thats why in my opinion they ride basically the same. But again most people seem to be able to feel the difference.

Use of locktite will definetly work, make sure you use the weak stuff, I think its blue. I personally don't use locktite, after tightening them a few times, they will be fine.

Congrats on getting the Trees, hope you enjoy them. Did you buy the package deal or just the boards?
            www.skiboardbindings.com GGO Co-Founder

Check out a review of our bindings http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=13031 (Thanks Rob)

My setup:
            DLP/Ktps (randomly switch)
            Condors, not rockered (powder/crap conditions board)
            GGO soft boot bindings
            Ride RFL Snowboard Boots

Comment

Originally posted by bee View Post
              Use of locktite will definetly work, make sure you use the weak stuff, I think its blue.
              BLUE! Don't use red unless you want the bindings fused to the boards never to be removed again. :-)
              Boards/Bindings:
              2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
              2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
              2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
              Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
              Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

that loctite red is powerful stuff! blue should be just fine. im not a pro or anything, so i doubt i could really tell the difference myself between the bindings as im riding them. just as long as they keep my foot attached to the board, anything is better than the 8-hole ones im using now!

thanks again for everyones input!

Comment

Blue loctite has definitely helped with my Extreme IIs. That was the only problem I've had with them. My hubby had one flat out break on him though... he fell but I'm not sure if the break caused the fall or if it happened during the fall (probably the latter but I didn't see it and he's not sure). He got the Bombers to replace them.
                  Skiboard quiver:
                  2024 RVL*8 104cm SII
                  2021 RVL*8 90cm Tansho
                  2013 RVL*8 98cm Slapdash
                  2007 RVL*8 98cm BWP (retired)

Alpina XTrack 70 boots
                  Tyrolia SX10 bindings on black Spruce Risers that get swapped around

Comment

I am the same height / weight as you. I ride BWP's everywhere. I've tried tansho's but they just arn't as stable as i'd like them to be. Larger boards lose the skate feel. So I stivk to the 98's .

-B
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks to everyone who helped me make my decision. My 2008 BWPs with 2011 Receptors came in the other day and they are look awesome! They are not too much longer than my Lines, and wider at the tips.

I'm looking foward to using them in 2 weeks!

Comment

Working...
                      X