Removing/replacing Risers: How to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing/replacing Risers: How to?

I want to remove my Risers from my Rumspringa boards and re-mount them on my wife's Tanshos.

It seems like it should be pretty straightforward (just unscrew, remove, and remount), but is there anything I should know before I start? Is it really that simple?

SBOL Team III Rider

Skiboards
       Revel8 2010 Revolt "Bullseye" 105cm
       Revel8 2009 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
       Revel8 2009 Tansho 90cm (BriGirl's)
    Bindings
       Spruce 2011 Pro Jr Risers & Head Release Bindings
       Spruce 2010 Pro Lite Risers & Roxy Release Bindings (BriGirl's)
    Other
       Salomon 2009 Mission x4 boots
       Sims T22 Omen helmet

Yes it is.

A few things to be aware of: the riser may "stick" to the Rumspringas they are currently munted on; just give it a pull after removing the screws and they will come off. Also, be sure to use a #3 posidrive not a philips screw driver bit.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

After going to 5 different hardware stores (including a home depot and sears) I finally found a Pozidriv #3 screw bit. I got home and the fit into the screw head was a little loose. After trying every screw bit I had in the house, a #3 philips was a much snugger fit. One thing though, I tried about 6 or 8 different #3 philips bots, only one of them fit perfectly. I am assuming that every manufacturer of screw drivers makes a slightly different philips bit shape. I am also assuming this would apply to the pozidriv bits as well. I would very highly recommend taking one of the screws into a good hardware store and actually conduct a fitting.

It would be great if we could purchase a dedicated screwdriver and an extra set of screws along with the bindings, but we can't. As such, my experience proved that not all screwdrivers are made equal.

Good Luck.
      If you are going to do something wrong. Do it Right.

Comment

It looks like the screws from the bindings to the Risers are pozidriv #3, but the screws from the Risers to the boards look to be Phillips #3. I can see the difference because the pozidriv has 4 diagonal tick marks between the "+" corners, but the Riser-to-board screws are just the "+".

SBOL Team III Rider

Skiboards
           Revel8 2010 Revolt "Bullseye" 105cm
           Revel8 2009 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
           Revel8 2009 Tansho 90cm (BriGirl's)
        Bindings
           Spruce 2011 Pro Jr Risers & Head Release Bindings
           Spruce 2010 Pro Lite Risers & Roxy Release Bindings (BriGirl's)
        Other
           Salomon 2009 Mission x4 boots
           Sims T22 Omen helmet

Comment

Originally posted by bri_guy View Post
          It looks like the screws from the bindings to the Risers are pozidriv #3, but the screws from the Risers to the boards look to be Phillips #3. I can see the difference because the pozidriv has 4 diagonal tick marks between the "+" corners, but the Riser-to-board screws are just the "+".
          Dead right. Phillips have plain tops, PosiDrive have the 4 little ticks. BTW, just check the bolt length before you drive them home. You should be ok, but some boards, especially the Condor have very shallow inserts, and some bolts may bottom out in them.
          Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

Working...
          X