Top boots for skiboarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top boots for skiboarding

Fitting aside--that's covered plenty elsewhere--what do ya'll recommend for boots? I'm in the market, and I am thinking about Dalbello Blender or Voodoo, but I really want to hear what boots people really love and why. Unfortunately for me, my local ski shops have a terrible selection and I am limited to the brands they have. Although the Dalbellos are pretty sweet. Anyway, here's some more boots I've heard are awesome:

Full Tilt (of course)
    Salomon SPK series
    Rossignol SAS FS 1/2

Any ideas on Tecnicas? My shop has some, but I'm iffy. Haven't heard much about 'em.

I can't give you much advice on boots, but from just seeing a pair of SPKs at Dicks, I think they would work great. They seem to have an upright stance, are lightweight, and only have a couple of buckles to deal with. I'm curious to hear how people like them myself.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Quality wise you will find it hard to beat Tecnica. They are Italian design, and moulded in Italy, Italians being acknowledged as the best plastics moulders in the World, but which boots and why? Full Tilts, because they are light, and really importantly, easy to get on and off when cold. My current Tecnicas are very high performance boots, but way heavier and the very devil to get on when the plastic is cold.
      Crossbow (go to dream board)
      Most everything else over time.
      Go Android

Comment

if you have wide feet give the atomic live fit a try. The LF 90 and the Overload are almost the same boot. the overload has more shock absorption and killer style.

Comment

Something softer, so 90 or less flex (yes, a really iffy measurement, which varies from company to company), more upright, etc.

That being said, the more popular skiboard-oriented boots seem to be the SPK, Dalbello Krypton Rampage (though Dalbello has a ton of boots that use the same mold), and the softer Full Tilts (whose flex you can change by buying a different tongue).

A good one that was suggested to me just recently is the Dalbello Axion (apparently these employ the designs of some old Raichle engineers ... they are 3-piece from what I understand).

I just got some Salomon Quest 8s, but I noticed that they come from the exact same mold as the SPKs, and my feet had some issues with the SPKs ... so, yeah.

Comment

Valmorel makes a great point about on/off ease with Full Tilts. I thought I liked my old rossi soft-lights until I tried the full tilts, now the rossi's feel like riding on boat anchors.

Comment

Working...
            X