Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which philips head screwdriver for releasable bindings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about replacing the black plastic screws that holds the binding to riser? I just ruined the head on one of them ...
    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
      What about replacing the black plastic screws that holds the binding to riser? I just ruined the head on one of them ...
      If you're talking about what I think you are, you don't need to worry too much. If you look, those black plastic screws aren't actually holding anything together. They are just there to plug up the holes you aren't using (either 4x4 or 4x10). If you want to plug the holes, you can either find those plastic screws somewhere locally, or even just use short metal screws in their place.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

Black Plastic Riser Screws

You can replace the black plastic screws with metal ones that are commonly available. They are a standard metric machine screw: M6-1 Flat Head Phillips 25mm long. They can be plated or stainless, the material doesn't matter. As Skafreak mentioned, the screws aren't critical to the operation of the risers. They are just there to keep the baseplate from falling off when you take the riser off the board. They also cover whichever four holes aren't being used for mounting the riser to the skiboard. We have changed the black plastic screws to stainless steel this season as they are more durable. The nuts on the bottom of the baseplate that the 25mm screws go into are a bit harder to find replacements for since they are a metric "jamb nut". We can always supply replacements if you need them.

Comment

Working...
        X