So I want to try skiboarding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I want to try skiboarding...

I am friends with Ethan Manis, who has been taken under the wing of Dave "Fourdown" Bloom, and wanted to ask how does skiboarding feel? I have been snowboarding for two years now, but I want to try skiboarding now...
    Davey G

Originally posted by DaveyG View Post
    how does skiboarding feel?
    Orgasmic!
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

We're skiers that think like snowboarders

Comment

It truly feels like rollerblading. Everyone here told me that, and I wasn't sure if I believed them, until I tried it. Having been a life long recreational blader, I wasn't sure how the movements would transfer to being on the snow. And even though skiboards are much longer than your blades, I can't think of a better similarity. So, if you know how to rollerblade, your ability to pick up skiboarding will only take you about 3 green runs, if that. And if you don't blade, just knowing what it feels like to slide on the snow, will help you out. Regardless, it's AWESOME and easy to pick up!

ENJOY!
        If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
        www.GetFitnessFast.com
        www.FastFitShake.com
        www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
        '07 BWP's
        2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
        Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

I know skiboards kind of look ridiculous, but I've actually always liked that feeling of counterculture we have here. I like it when people are like, what the hell are those?

At the hill, I am usually one of the faster guys. I don't think people expect to see skiboarders going at breakneck speeds. I don't think people realize the capabilities of skiboards, period.

Anyway, the feeling of shorter skis amounts to feeling more free. Less weight on your feet, less ski to turn. Suddenly, wooded runs don't look so daunting, and moguls are fun! Landing takes a bit more practice, since you have less to land on, but it's usually no issue.

Comment

yea what belle and koneco said!!

i know its a biased opinion on a skiboarding site but i cant even tell ya how much fun they are u juts have to experience it and tell US!

nothings better, its all i think about and all i wanna do.

Comment

As a skiboarder who just arrived from the dark side i have to tell you it's a lot more fun than skiing!!! No poles, and no awkward snowplough... Just come and become a padawan, and we have cookies as well!
              Line Jedis
              Line Bullets
              '11 KTP's
              2xFF cams
              '11 silver receptors
              Full Tilt Booters

Comment

Lol, sounds pretty sexy so far... But I have no skiing experience, and very little rollerblading experience... How fast do you think I could pick this stuff up?
                Davey G

Comment

As long as you have rolled along some kind of surface with something under each foot, it will be no problem. Maybe 1 or two days until you are off the green slopes. Just don't push your limits too far too fast. May the Force be with you!
                  Line Jedis
                  Line Bullets
                  '11 KTP's
                  2xFF cams
                  '11 silver receptors
                  Full Tilt Booters

Comment

Originally posted by DaveyG View Post
                    Lol, sounds pretty sexy so far... But I have no skiing experience, and very little rollerblading experience... How fast do you think I could pick this stuff up?
                    Just having experience being a snowboarder will definitely help. Knowing the feeling of snow under you is a big plus for you. I tried snowboarding for my very first time ever on snow. That didn't quite work out as well as I'd hoped, but then I found skiboarding. It's a very intuitive sport. Read all the saved "sticky" threads about learning how to skiboard, they truly help. I think Slow started a beginner tutorial talking about holding your arms out and simply pointing in the direction you want to go. It sounds a bit silly, especially on the bunny slope, but that's what they're there for, and it works! Don't try to push it, take your time, and learn properly. Don't be afraid to fall, just know how to fall properly. Use the bunny slopes until you feel comfortable. There's nothing worse than getting stuck on a trail that's beyond your ability. It's dangerous for you and the other riders. But once you get it, it really does "click" and then you'll be zooming down the mountain with a giant perma-grin on your face. Just like my avatar picture shows.
                    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
                    www.GetFitnessFast.com
                    www.FastFitShake.com
                    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                    '07 BWP's
                    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Working...
                    X