Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B Unique: These videos are a MUST for all skiboarders. Take it into the future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B Unique: These videos are a MUST for all skiboarders. Take it into the future.

Skiboarding is rolling on the snow. Separate yourself. B Unique!

(There is where we should be headed with skiboarding.)

(Be what you want to be. We are NOT skiers.)

(If this one doesn't get you excited in happyland then you need to go see a doctor)

(pay attention closely to 1:22. Stephane Alfano does a 1260 ON SKATES)

I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

nice videos.

although im not sure i agree with an idealistic view on what skiboarding should/could be. hacksawing/chopping/molding skiboarding to fit into some sort of goal, or suprior state is not being true to skiboarding. also, this is a very limited view of the potential of skiboarding and even rollerblading i think. restricted to a singular style, and a single type of terrain.

I hate this talk of progression in action sprots as if we have to one day be at this peak, this gloriful status that can never be achieved and keeps on moving further away with every step we take ahead. and i dont see how it helps us to try to be rollerblading.

skiboarding has already created its own discourse, its own flow. skier and snowboarders cannot follow me in glades, the way we ride and the lines we pick. we've been killing it on jibs since the start in ways that skiers can't (other then the spin to win pretzel stuff going on in skiing)

i agree we can take a lot of inspiration from rollerblading when it comes to park, but if you're locked into that mold i think its limiting potential for complete new forms of movement on skiboards.

lets explore the potential of skiboarding in all areas, all terrains, and not restrict ourselves to some glorified goal.
    Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I agree with not trying to fit into a mold. But direction, focus, ideas; those are all important. Using something we can connect to as a motivator, an idea builder; that is never a bad idea. Everything that gets done has some sort of influence from something that came before it. Skiing and just about all of the tricks they are doing came from rolling initially. Misty Flips, Flat Spins, Corks, etc… But, they took those and ran with it in one direction. Why can't we run in another direction? I don't know about other people but simply being able to make it through glades that skiers can't doesn't satisfy my hunger. Killing it on rails, boxes, etc… Yes! I fully agree and love that. I don't want to follow the coattails of skiers. I'm not a skier, never have been. I like to see what they do and use that as an influence, but I look more to rolling and other unique sports for ideas and motivation. That is what the posted video were more for. Not we should emulate rolling as a mirror on the snow. We are different from skiing, and I think that should show more bluntly.
      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Working...
      X