Possible 2nd Pair?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible 2nd Pair?!?!

Based on last season, I think I want a second pair. I am 6'0" and about 180lbs. I am an aggressive rider when it comes to speed/carving and I am sort of a noob when it comes to the park scene. I have the spruce 120s with releasable bindings now. They are my first skiboards. I got them because of the special deal last Christmas time (GREAT DEAL). This past season, the 120s were great for cruising and carving, but when it came to the park, I feel as though they were lacking the maneuverability I want. I am new to park riding, but my skiboarder and snowboarder friends like the park, so I want to be a better park rider. I want a maneuverable park board, but in case we go down the blacks and blues, I don't want to be left in the dust when it comes to speed/carving. I mainly run on groomers but also in the trees if there are any . Basically, I am looking into the KTPs and the Revolts, but I am open to the BWPs. If I were to play it safe, I would get the Revolts, because those aren't super long or wide, but they might be taking away a little of the maneuverability that I desire. From what I've read, it seems as though quite of few people love their KTPs. But both the Revolts and the KTPs have been described as all mountain boards. Even though I've read I don't have to worry about the width of the KTPs, I do. But maybe the KTPs' width would be okay considering it's length? ANY SUGGESTIONS????
    Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

I'm 6'1 and was around 180 last season, I've got both the Revolts, and KTP's, and my KTP's are my go to boards 9/10 times. I honestly only used my Revolts once last season, and that's because I had just done some repair to my KTPs (chip out of the tip due to a rock, don't worry about these things breaking, epoxied that up and it was all good to go) and it had to dry. Both are great boards, but I found the manuverability of the KTPs to be much better, while for longer/faster carves the Revolts felt more solid.

But that said, the KTP's are still very solid for tearing up the groomers, and I never have trouble keeping up with my friends on skis/snowboards. The width didn't take too much time to get used to when I picked them up, though when I switched back to the Revolts getting on edge took no effort at all.

I can't speak too much about the Revolts in the park, because I didn't do too much park when I got them, and only really started last year.

Either way you're getting superb boards though.
    2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

The SBOL skiboard comparison chart has lots of useful information particularly the figures for each skiboard's length.
      Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
      Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
      Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

I also love my KTPs, however I've never ridden anything longer and I'm much smaller. The give me everything I need.. I haven't found myself in any situation wishing they were any different.

Comment

If you have the 120s and enjoy them, go for a contrast. KTP and 105 have great reps. The 105 has a great reputation as an all rounder, but I think you might find the extra width of the KTP better for boxes etc. I never heard a bad word said against the KTP, and have ridden with guys using them.... impressive. In comparison, the 105s, (which I do have) seem a bit ordinary? (So I bought Condors!)
          Crossbow (go to dream board)
          Most everything else over time.
          Go Android

Comment

From what I am reading about you and your style and specs and needs... get the... KTP, no question about it!

Have fun and tear it up!

By the way, what BB team you rooting for, or not?
            C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

You may want to buy a used, cheaper pair for learning, especially if you're going to be doing anything with rails. First day on my skiboards and I broke an edge when I ran into a rail.

summit has some prototype 99cm boards, brand new, for $85/pair. Plus, they're plain black, which is just kinda cool.

http://www.skiboards.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1030

Comment

Originally posted by koneco View Post
                First day on my skiboards and I broke an edge when I ran into a rail.
                http://www.skiboards.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1030
                Yeah, dont't do that dude.

As far as a second set, aim for something like Revolts or BWPs. Great control, a little narrower which is good for cutting around parks, and light and comfortable. When you first learn park it's nice to have a set of boards that are easy to control.
                I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

To answer your question pinkkid....I am a cubs fan, but they have been hard to root for...GO CUBS!!!?!?? :'(
                  Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Comment

Working...
                  X