Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro Hero HD Recommendations

Wazzup everyone?!?!

I am in the market for a GoPro Hero HD camera. What are your experiences (of course, I know many of you are using them)? I mean, I was considering buying the Hero HD Helmet. Do you think this will be sufficient? I will probably buy a second battery pack, too.

How about SD Cards? What are you using? Do you just buy what they sell, or do you recommend another brand (or better price)? 2 will be enough for a full day, right?

I don't think I need the chargers since I have wall and car compatible USB chargers already.

I will use it skiboarding, of course, but also maybe hiking and definitely paintballing.

Thanks for the input!! Can't wait to see everyone again!

~h
    ~harry

@HarrySiii
    -Skier turned snowboarder turned skiboarder
    -RVL8 2010 KTP, RVL8 Receptors
    -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro
    -Deeluxe 225 (FINALLY a boot I can wear!)

I don't have any experience with one myself, but all I've heard is positive about them for the price.

And I'll probably be picking one up for next season also.
    2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

think no further, just get 1 or 2, they are awesome. we've got two with an extra battery for each and basic 32gb cards. also consider the monopod mount, it might come in the accessory mount pack, i don't remember but with one attached to a monopod it's pretty easy to carry around and get different shots.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I placed my order today for the HD Helmet Hero with 2 batteries and 2 16GB SDHC cards.

I haven't decided what to do about extra mounts yet. I've watched a few videos with people using the pole mount and that's pretty cool. I've also considered a wrist mount or maybe even try to get it around my lower leg or something. I'll guess I'll have a lot of playing around with it once I get it. I can't wait!

My first test is an upcoming paintball trip, but I just need to figure out how to mount it for that, too. The masks don't have tops to them, so the helmet straps may not work. I may have to use the 3M mount, but it's a rental mask. oh well, i'll figure something out so i can get good footage!
        ~harry

@HarrySiii
        -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro

Comment

Just got one of these today, starting to get ready for the snow. Bring it on!
          2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

nothing to think about! BUY ONE!

always wanted one, finally bought one a few weeks ago and its insane!!

i bought it for skiboarding but bought the motorsports one (i wanted to use it on my cars too)

i got 2 16GB Kingston cards for about $30 each from walmart. The 32GB tend to be more than $75

2 16GB cards should be enough

As for Power

I have a ipod wall adapter which plugs into the wall and lets me plug in any usb device (like the goPro)

and i have a car cigarette lighter adapter that has a usb input on it for charging on the road.

JUST GET IT MAN! its insane and if u need any advice just ask!

heres my youtube channel with my first few vids i made with it, check it out!! watch in HD or dont bother lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/ny300z

also i plan on mounting it to my ski helmet soon with the 3m tape mount, if anyone here has pics of it mounted on theirs please share. I plan on just mounting it to the top of my helmet, from my research it tends to be the best place for it (even tho im gonna look like a tool)

Comment

great vids, ny300z! what mode are you using? I got mine in the mail yesterday and have been playing with it this morning. I plan on using the helmet vent mount, but may use the 3M tape to stick it to my helmet. I haven't gotten that far yet. My first adventure is paintball in a couple of weeks so I'm trying out all the modes to find out what will look and sound the best. I think I am going to be running it in R3 mode (720p 60fps) with the waterproof housing on -- I'm just afraid of getting paint in there. The problem is that is does mute a lot of the sound, but I can still hear my voice alright.

Thanks for the help, all! I'm very excited. These things are wonderful.
              ~harry

@HarrySiii
              -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro

Comment

doh....you're obviously recording at 1080p since I can select that setting. haha
                ~harry

@HarrySiii
                -RVL8 EMP, Line FF Pro

Comment

actually i think most of those were shot on r2 which is 720p 30fps

the vid of my bro on his bike was shot in r3 720p 60fps in order to use slow mo later. This is the setting i think i will be using for skiing.

Ive been using the full 1080p setting an dont see much of a difference besides the size of the file!!! so to save memory card space and use slo mo later i will be using the r3 setting for skiing.

for paintball use r3 mode and use the waterproof back. NOTHING will get in, i brought mine surfing the other day, f*cked up the vids tho

sound still gets thru enough

best thing i ever bought! wish i had it in utah last winter tho

Comment

Working...
                  X