Midwest Meet 2017 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass Purchased.

My plan has finalized. I live in Green Bay and will be taking my Yaris up into the wild white yonder during the wee AM hours of Friday with the intent of getting to Mt. Bohemia to catch lift opening. Staying at jdub's Friday and Saturday night, planning to get three whole days of snow sliding in. Heading back Sunday evening after lifts close. No worries about tackling the conditions in a small car - I have hundreds of hours of driving experience in a Geo Metro (which is even smaller) on frozen lakes and have never gotten stuck or spun out. Plus I drive the speed limit (and with there being no speed limit on lakes, I have ample experience FIREWALLING THE THROTTLE on ice and snow).

I'll have room for one passenger and gear if anyone wants to split gas... I get mindblowing fuel economy. Can't imagine your share being more than $30 round trip (probably less). Head clearance in my car is exceptional due to a tall roof, plus I'm going to have the front passenger seat removed so you'll have waaaaay more room to stretch out your legs than you'll need while sitting in the rear seat. Plenty of space in a well-lit and monitored lot at my apartment building to park your car for the weekend. You'll have to figure out your own lodging and transport to/from it while we're up there - which shouldn't be much of an issue with so many attendees this year.

I ROADTRIP LIKE A CHAMP! My goal is for ZERO pee/gas breaks during the ~4 hour drive. I'll have a cooler along with snacks & sandwich fixin's. You will be subjected to a ridiculously diverse range of music from soft jazz to grindcore speedmetal... basically, everything that isn't country.
    Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

Originally posted by jackschmid View Post
      wat brick says goes.
      yeah boi

Comment

Great happenings up here! The weather finally took a turn for the worse, and by worse I mean day 3 of a 5 day snow storm. With even more snow projected for the near future. It's looking like Bohemia could be opening around christmas or sooner the way the keweenaw is getting hit right now, its accumulating quick, pretty epic. Clark, your welcome to roll up Thursday if you want.

This is what I'm talkin' bout :

Comment

Nice! This year is looking like it will be a big improvement over recent years when we weren't sure they'd be open by late January

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
            Great happenings up here! The weather finally took a turn for the worse, and by worse I mean day 3 of a 5 day snow storm. With even more snow projected for the near future. It's looking like Bohemia could be opening around christmas or sooner the way the keweenaw is getting hit right now, its accumulating quick, pretty epic. Clark, your welcome to roll up Thursday if you want.
            Fantastic news! Let's all hope that the weather stays cold and the sun hidden!

I'd definitely be interested in your Thursday offer if my scheduling allows (I should know after the holidays) and I don't hear from anyone wanting a ride; if that ends up being the case I'd probably leave Thursday morning to get in another full day at Bohemia! I'm all about dat sliding, yo. If you want to PM me your address that'd be great. Also, I know I offered you rides from/to your place while I'm staying... was that something you're interested in or do you have your own vehicle you'd prefer to take?
            Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

So it seems that Ben is a doubt for this trip but I'm definitely going.

If anyone is passing through Detroit they can carpool with me. Plan is to start driving Thursday morning to Ski Friday in the am.

I also reserved a room with 2 Queen Beds at the American Inn in Calumet from the 19th till the 22nd. If anyone wants to share the room they are welcome.

Courtney can you please populate the 1st page with the lodging and carpooling info that I just shared?
              Boards:
              RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
              RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
              RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
              RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
              Bomber Elite2
              RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
              Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
              Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

Details updated - thanks Sam!

Comment

I have a pair of snowjam extreme II bindings that I can bring with me, and give to anyone that wants them. Just let me know, I do not need them. $free
                  Boards: Condors, Chickens, EMP's, Original Revolts
                  Bindings: Bombers, FF Pro
                  Boots: Lange xt100
                  portfolio

Comment

Please do. Putting a set together for my wife. Trade for a couple beers or whatever George is making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Soooo apparently Mt Bohemia made a 'TV' show about themselves. After watching this first episode I remember them filming it. Last year I landed on a rock with my tail bone, and had to bail out by the second half of Sunday (it still bothers me btw) and remember them talking about a lost skier when I was standing next to Lonnie. Well Episode 1 consisted of that very occurrence, and if you watch right at the second I marked, the camera will pan to the right past Lonnie, and there I stand, booya!

I rule, you don't, I made it on Lonnie TV!

https://youtu.be/g-zqH6o5fdM?t=773
                      Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by adeehr View Post

I rule, you don't, I made it on Lonnie TV!

https://youtu.be/g-zqH6o5fdM?t=773
                        You only have 15 minutes, dude... perhaps make them count? LOL

Comment

Ha! I've seen this but didn't realize it was you. Next time don't stand sideways and we'll actually see you

Comment

"Wallet was never found"

Really? I'm so surprised...Maybe it's lying next to Dennis' keys.

Glad to see that conditions are shaping up well, though.
                            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Here in Wisconsin we're set to get 10+ inches this weekend. Hopefully the UP gets dumped on even harder!

Comment

Originally posted by Bikeplatt View Post
                                Please do. Putting a set together for my wife. Trade for a couple beers or whatever George is making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Sounds good to me. They are yours.
                                Boards: Condors, Chickens, EMP's, Original Revolts
                                Bindings: Bombers, FF Pro
                                Boots: Lange xt100
                                portfolio

Comment

Working...
                                X