Clear All

• mctwist311
    replied
    Well said kirk well said

Leave a comment:

• Zach
    replied
    Where ya heading Kirk?

I'm gonna get 45 days on the mountain this year if it kills me!

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    Thanks everyone for reading and glad it was enjoyed. It was fun to write up and kept me from going crazy waiting to Skiboard. I got stuck helping family move this weekend, so I still haven't gone!!! I'll get out this weekend no matter what it takes...

Leave a comment:

• Wookie
    replied
    Originally posted by Greco View Post
    Great idea, done!
    Sweet! Now you can focus your energy on ordering more Blunts.

Leave a comment:

• Greco
    replied
    Originally posted by Wookie View Post
    Another great profile and great read!!!

Note to Bluewing and Greco -- I see the rider profiles are just in the general skiboarding subforum. Would it make sense to create a subforum just for rider profiles so they are all together and do get lost in the mix of posts once they get old. A bit of a hall of fame. Also, if you create this subforum, can you restrict it so only SBOL rider interviews are posted to it not any profile created by any forum member? Open to comments from all by only creation of new profiles by Greco or Bluewing.
    Great idea, done!

Leave a comment:

• Bluewing
    replied
    Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
    i really enjoy reading anything and everything KTP has to say
    Start thinking my friend because you are a future profile candidate!

Leave a comment:

• Davelynam
    replied
    i really enjoy reading anything and everything KTP has to say

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    Originally posted by slow View Post
    Good idea Wookie!
    Very good idea!

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    Good idea Wookie!

Leave a comment:

• Wookie
    replied
    Another great profile and great read!!!

Note to Bluewing and Greco -- I see the rider profiles are just in the general skiboarding subforum. Would it make sense to create a subforum just for rider profiles so they are all together and do get lost in the mix of posts once they get old. A bit of a hall of fame. Also, if you create this subforum, can you restrict it so only SBOL rider interviews are posted to it not any profile created by any forum member? Open to comments from all by only creation of new profiles by Greco or Bluewing.

Leave a comment:

• Terztar
    replied
    such a great interview! and inspirational

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluewing View Post

I take a loose definition to skiboarding. I believe skiboarding is achieved when you take your equipment down to the bare minimum required to ride the way you desire. That said, for a long time I felt a little sad inside when novice riders would be recommended skiboards over 100cm. Why? Skiboarding is the freedom you feel when the equipment disappears, and the shorter the boards, the more quickly they become invisible. I hate to think that someone’s first “skiboard” may be 130cm long. I know these are great boards for a ton of riders, but I think people new to the sport should first experience it in its purest form – where it is a distinct and separate entity from traditional skiing. Only after experiencing this extreme can you have perspective to assess the middle ground boards that may better suit your needs.

^ ^ ^
    This, this and this, but mainly this.

Leave a comment:

• slow
    replied
    Great interview.

Kirk, you are a class act!

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    We're plenty lucky to have a fellow as thoughtful, intelligent and talented as Kirk representing the sport. Folks who've been lucky enough to meet him also know what a pleasant, personable and well-spoken young man he is. Great job by all involved in this rider profile series.

Leave a comment:

• sempai
    replied
    Wow! This is a great read, intelligent, informational, impressive. Superb!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X