Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand newbie

Hi all-

brand new to the sport. Tried my hand at snowboarding...started last year... could not deal with the falling, sitting and basically skidding all over the place. Took lessons, but could not really get the hang of it.

Was at Mountain Creek yesterday (Sunday 12/19) and saw a couple guys on skiboards and knew that was for me. I like to inline skate and even though I am no expert... I can hold my own.

So I went to my local ski shop and he gave me a credit for my season snow board rental toward a pair of new Atomic 99's. Deal was too good to pass up so I bought em.

Now...I have never skiied before and my snowboarding kind of sucked...so what do you recommend for a brand new rider? My parents are taking me and my brother up to Okemo for a few days over the holiday...should I take a ski lesson? They don't teach skiboarding specifically.

My dad is a skiier and so is my brother... is it just a matter of trying to follow them? How do I stop on skiboards? What's the best way to learn?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. If there is anyone out there that skiboards at Mountain Creek, NJ and would like to hook up after I get back from Okemo... that would be cool.

Josh

Hey good job getting into skiboarding andwelcome to SBOL. Im sure youll love it. Its alot easier than you think, you will probably get used to it the first day, if not the first couple runs. Also youre in luck, Mounatin Creek is the home mountain of a couple people here including Greco ( the owner of SBOL). Good luck up at Okemo, youll have an awsome time Im sure.
    -Justin Christ-

Comment

Josh, I ride at Mountain Creek all the time and im gettin a season pass this year just like the 3 years before. How long will you have the Atomics for. Greco might even be there he is the owner of SBOL and he would make a great recommendation but i can help you out too. How tall are you? How much do you weigh? What would you be doing while you ride(ex. carving, big air, rails, powder, and/or trying to get down the mountain without getting hurt)? Answerin these questions will give me a good idea of what Skiboards are right for you. My e-mail is Mike@Skiboardsonline.com if you would like to get int ouch with me on a date to hit MC or you can tell me when you reply.
      Mike Ponessa - Team Revel8

Do The Evolution

Comment

I got a great deal on a new pair of Atomic 99's and bought them. I have a season pass for Mountain Creek. Since I am brand new to skiboarding...I think I'll skip the air for now. I am more interested in learning how to get the basics down. I really want to hook up with people at MC after I get back from Okemo to see if I can get some tips. Thanks.

Comment

Sweet. I wish i could've stopped you from getting those atomics. You should've gotten something from Skiboardsonline.com. Atomic does make some good skis but your best bet would've been to get some mix or canons. We'll deffinatly hook up though no doubt.

mike ponessa

Do The Evolution

Comment

I think I'll be happy on the Atomics...I'm a beginner and if I want to upgrade I can do that in a couple years.

Comment

This is very true. Well good luck with your season hopefully I'll see you at mountain creek.

Do The Evolution

Comment

Working...
              X