Snowjam 90's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowjam 90's

Just a little background, went skiing for the 1st time in my life last March. I did okay didn't do any intermediate trails that time just lacked a little confidence.

My wife had a hard time until she went down to some 130's and did okay the last day we were there. We talked to some people that were using skiboards and they just loved them. So she thought that she would like to try some. So we bought 2 pairs from this site a pair of Snowjam 75's for her and the 90's for myself. I just have a question as far as the size requirements for both pairs. I'm 5'10 and 225, my wife is 5'7" and probably 150. Are these skiboards going to be sufficent for us.

Excellent price by the way.

you chose great pairs to learn on and to possibly enjoy for the rest of your lives. i'm 6'1, 200lbs and i started skiboarding on 76cm boards (that's all that was available at the time) and i had a great time. when you might want to consider moving up in size (which you both could do since your over 5'6") is when you find yourself wanting to go faster and carve harder then the boards will allow. you know you've hit this point when you have to continuously slow down or stop your carve mid way because your boards are chattering beneath you and losing their edge. if that's not happening and you continue to have a great time there is no need to look to anything else.

have fun because that's what it's all about.

-Greco

Comment

I have a question on waxing. Do you have to hot wax the 1st time on these particular skiboards. Or can you use one of the rub ons ?

Thanks

Comment

it's up to you. all boards come from the factory with a light buff wax and it's recommended you have them hot waxed before using them but you can use them like that. rub on waxes work great but don't last as long as hot waxing. i hotwax my personal boards myself a few times a year and usually apply rub on wax at the base of the mountain before we start riding for the day.

g

Comment

Working...
        X