Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! Spruce 2013 Pro Prime Risers & Release Bindings purchased!

Just need them to arrive, install, and then find some ski boots! >=)
    Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
    Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
    Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

Enjoy! The Revolts are great boards.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

I'm excited! Just waiting for the Risers to arrive, then first attempt at installation!

Already have some good messages and material to use as reference!

Comment

Nice set up. Be sure to post a report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Definitely will do.

I'm curious as to whether some shops will help adjust the bindings based on the ski boots they sell. Especially since they're on a riser, it might be a bit different. Just curious as to how difficult it will be to adjust the bindings that are currently installed!

Comment

Originally posted by wushuguy View Post
              Definitely will do.

I'm curious as to whether some shops will help adjust the bindings based on the ski boots they sell. Especially since they're on a riser, it might be a bit different. Just curious as to how difficult it will be to adjust the bindings that are currently installed!

I suspect the shops may not be interested in adjusting the bindings. It is relatively straight forward and the instructions can be found here: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ead.php?t=9258

If you run into any issues, post a picture and I am sure someone will be able to help out.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by wushuguy View Post
                Definitely will do.

It's fairly easy with a little research to adjust your own bindings for DIN and forward pressure by following the charts. What the shop does, that you probably can't, is actually measure the release forces. The Din on the scale on your bindings may not match the actual DIN when your bindings release, especially on older or used equipment.

I had the shop do ours once, just to check the accuracy of scale. Now I do it myself.
                Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I'm still shopping for a nice pair of skiboots. Once I find them, I'll be asking for more help!

I suppose it's easier to mess around with the bindings on the riser when the package isn't attached to the skiboard =P (Kinda want to see what it looks like together! )

Comment

http://shop-task.com/collections/ski-boots

Anyone see anything there that looks highly recommended? I'm thinking the Drop Kick ones look good!! But probably don't match the bindings/board well.

Thoughts?

Or any other type of company? (I'm still searching for places to buy up here in Toronto! Especially with no power!)

Comment

Salomon Quest Access 60 purchased.

Pending arrival!

Comment

Reading this will help me out immensely! I've recently ordered some RVL8 Revolt Diablos, can't wait!

Comment

After much agony, I've finally fixed up the binding positions and screwed them onto the board. my hand hurts. the guy before did a great job! HAHA!

Will post pics of my setup later. Taking them out tomorrow! SO EXCITED!

Comment

Took a few pictures Hope I did it right!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000665.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	245014Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000666.jpg
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	245015Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000667.jpg
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	245016Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000669.jpg
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	245017Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000670.jpg
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	245018

Yay!

Comment

I don't see any screws in the rear binding holes?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                              Crossbow (go to dream board)
                              Most everything else over time.
                              Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                                I don't see any screws in the rear binding holes?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                                Ah! That was an earlier picture that I took to show David and left the screws out in case I needed to adjust again.

(But I settled on it now and they're fully done up!)

So excited! It's snowing right now and we're hitting the slopes at 9 am tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X