Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Rookie

hello everyone!!

like the posting says, i am a rookie at skiboarding. i've been skiboarding about 2 times a season for about 3 years now and i've only used the rentals at the local slopes.

I'm more of a speed-cruising trail-rider instead of the terrain park trickster, so the symmetrical aspect isn't an all that important to me.

I want to buy a set and have been checking out the Kage-Hakkohda 99cm by Bluemoris and a few of the boards by Revel8. I like the slimmer boards, not the short, wide one's. At most, i'd like the waist to be no more than 10.5cm

I need some suggestions on which board and bindings to purchase. Also, this may be a dumb question, but how important are the bindings? The Bluemoris boards i've looked at come with the Snowjam-II Extreme Bindings (AX-1). Are those good enough or should i look more into bindings?

I'm looking to spend no more than $400(USD) total on the board/bindings. i still need boots (which i prefer to purchase at a local shop so i can try them on), so any suggestions on boots would be appreciated as well!!

Some physical info: i am 5'7", 143lbs, size 9.5 feet (US)

thanks, and have a great day!!

go with the Revolts
    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

ill comepare bindings to baseball. Bomber Bindings are the Major Leagues...and Extreme twos are the minors. They are both good professional bindings, but bombers are alot better, high quality, and better warranty. Snowjams are just fine though if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by tyberesk
        ill comepare bindings to baseball. Bomber Bindings are the Major Leagues...and Extreme twos are the minors. They are both good professional bindings, but bombers are alot better, high quality, and better warranty. Snowjams are just fine though if need be.
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        Amen to that....

I would hit up some BWPs w/Snowjams. Great all around boards, Ok bindings for budget wary riders. At your hieght/weight you might find the BWPs to be all you need. they are 10.5 at the boot.

I would hit up the 105s if you are planning on hitting the major powder or heavy off roading...

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

thanks for the info!!! i've decided to go with the BWP's, but i'm still unsure of the bindings. for my height and weight, should i go with release or non-release? spruce or bombers?

Comment

go non releaseable...in my opinion they are the best way to go...less weight and more feel of the board.

Comment

Originally posted by AznRedNeck
              thanks for the info!!! i've decided to go with the BWP's, but i'm still unsure of the bindings. for my height and weight, should i go with release or non-release? spruce or bombers?
              release vs. non release is a personal choice only you can make. this thread should help with your decision:

http://sbol.ws/vbulletin/upload/show...=&threadid=248

Comment

I ordered bombers with my boards which should be coming this Wednesday hopefully. The way i see it why cheap out on bindings. Its like buying a laptop, instead of buying a good case to carry it around to class with, you put it in a plastic bag.

"I may be big but Im fast"

Comment

Good call. Youll have a blast.

Boards:

Spruce 120s(x2), ALPs(x3), Lacroix 99's, BWPs.

Bindings:

Pro Prime Riser/Rossi Bindings(x2).

Comment

Working...
                  X