Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newb Progression (possibly interesting to others just starting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by graeme View Post
    My opinion is that I love skiing. No matter what equipment is under my feet. No us and them. No one thing better or easier than another. Just skiing on snow, carving turns, skiing fast skiing slow. On or off piste , hardpack or powder.
    At the end of it all it's the same. Sliding on snow,using the same skills.
    I agree it should not be an us v. them, but I have to disagree with the no one thing easier than another, I found skiboarding so much easier (for me) than skiing ever was. Due to length and not having to use poles contributes to the ease of use (for me).
    In the end , we all just sliding down mountains of snow for fun.. Right?
    99 Salomon Skiblades
    02 Line Fly
    10 Head Salamander
    12 Head Hot Rod 94s'
    15 Blunt XL

Comment

My opinion is that I love skiing. No matter what equipment is under my feet. No us and them. No one thing better or easier than another. Just skiing on snow, carving turns, skiing fast skiing slow. On or off piste , hardpack or powder.
      Couldn't have put it any better myself

Comment

I agree with the sentiment that we should just enjoy the snow any way we like, but NOT that all snow sliding uses the same skills/technique.

If you treat skiboards like little skis you will only get the benefits of their shorter length, but without changing your technique to suit their unique design, you will never fully appreciate what their true versatility and performance envelope is. If that makes me strange, I'll take it.

You can ski on skis, but if you ski on skiboards you are missing the point.
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Newb Progression (possibly interesting to others just starting)

Bad Wolf,

That should be a tattoo. Amen brother.
          "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
            I agree with the sentiment that we should just enjoy the snow any way we like, but NOT that all snow sliding uses the same skills/technique.

If you treat skiboards like little skis you will only get the benefits of their shorter length, but without changing your technique to suit their unique design, you will never fully appreciate what their true versatility and performance envelope is. If that makes me strange, I'll take it.

You can ski on skis, but if you ski on skiboards you are missing the point.
            +1 -- I'm with Bad Wolf on this.

I think we all agree that skiing and skiboarding are in the same family and share skills. It's not like the difference between sailing a boat and rowing a boat but when I look around the mountain my technique is decidedly different than the skiers I ride with .... and they don't think I am skier just like they wouldn't call our snowboarding friends skiers. We all get along and we all have fun.
            Boards:
            2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
            2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
            2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
            2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
            2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
            2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
            2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
            2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
            X