learning curve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning curve

starting to ride skiboards for the first time (i am a snowboarder). i wanted to know how many runs i would need to do before i can go to the park. i have never skied before in any way. I ride mt creek btw

I don't think anyone can answer this question without knowing you or riding with you. There are people that try skiboarding and it just clicks. This is especially true for ice and roller skaters as it feels very similar. There are others that take seasons to get comfortable on skiboards. This is rare for most members of this forum but everyone is different.

With that said the learning curve is typically faster than most snow sliding sports. If you don't feel like you are getting it explore this forum for tips. There is no shortage of helpful posts here.

But is you must have any answer to how fast you can get in the park you can start today but start small or the ski patrol may have to carry you out of the park.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

good chance ill be at mnt creek this sunday , if u want meet up for some laps .
      CHRIS

Comment

Like others said, its impossible to say without knowing how you ride.

That said, I have in the past put rollerbladers or snowboarders on a pair of skiboards, and then gone straight to the park. Rails and jumps are honestly not much different between the sports. If you are comfortable hitting stuff on a snowboard, I would just make sure you know how to stop before hitting park.

If you don't have park experience in other sports, then its another story, and I would recommend the following to help: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=12658

Comment

thanks guys i really appreciate the help and i will most likely be their on sunday probably at south depending on what day i get my boards and bindings

Comment

no offense , but i would take a few runs at north first to get the feel of how skiboards handle and then hit the twist park to learn how to balance on skiboards on boxes . then head over to south after you get comfortable. not trying to underestimate ur skill just a rec to help keep you and others from getting hurt .
            CHRIS

Comment

I'm def going to north first but hopefully I'll get them Friday and ride Saturday at north

Comment

Originally posted by Tfluffy View Post
                I'm def going to north first but hopefully I'll get them Friday and ride Saturday at north
                will be at mtn creek saturday, hit me up! 484-274-0086

Comment

will do man hopefully ill be their fri-tues

Comment

Working...
                  X