Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading from ancient Salomon Snowblades...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I slipped all the way to Arizona.
    Good for you. No chance of seeing me at MK snowdome then but Valmorel will be at Shredfest.
    Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
    Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
    Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Originally posted by BillieFingers View Post
      Veering off the thread slightly I'm planning on hitting Snowboxx festival in Andora in March, not sure how we want to get down there yet but be great to meet some other skiboarders if anyone else is heading out?
      Might be worth posting about this as a new thread in the "Meet Up and Ride" section of the forum?
      Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

I got a little hasty and opted for the KTP. Had lots of recommendations for it and it seems like it's a good middle ground. I will be coming up to Milton Keynes Sno!Zone beginning of February and would be lovely to meet someone who knows what they're doing! I thought I was the only Brit in here!
        Which binding did you decide to use on your KTPs?

BTW Send me a PM when you have an idea as to the delivery date for the boards. I could meet up with you at MK, one Sunday morning (9 to 11 ish).
        Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Not really knowing much else I went for the Non-Release Raptors. I'm sure they'll be better than the Snowblade binding which practically breaks my hands everytime I have to do them up. My ski-boots were a lucky win on ebay and couldn't be a better fit!

KTP's are due in February, as soon as I've got them I'll let you know and we'll hook up! Can't tempt you with Hemel Hempsted?

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
            Good for you. .
            I think so. One of the few places in the world you can golf in your shorts in the morning and ski in the afternoon, still in your shorts if you want to.
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
              I think so. One of the few places in the world you can golf in your shorts in the morning and ski in the afternoon, still in your shorts if you want to.
              Guessing you're referring to Andorra and not Milton Kenes.....LOL

Comment

Not really knowing much else I went for the Non-Release Raptors. I'm sure they'll be better than the Snowblade binding which practically breaks my hands everytime I have to do them up. My ski-boots were a lucky win on ebay and couldn't be a better fit!

KTP's are due in February, as soon as I've got them I'll let you know and we'll hook up! Can't tempt you with Hemel Hempsted?
                I could make HH, as it is about equal distance for me. Still only between 6-9 Feb though.
                Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
                  I could make HH, as it is about equal distance for me. Still only between 6-9 Feb though.
                  Hi Ysb33r, My KTP's arrived and I tried them out for the first time at MK last weekend. Totally different beast to the snowblades, I felt really slow, but I was also feeling indoor snow was super sticky compared to a mountain? Took 4 hours for me to start feeling confident on them but didnt manage anything exciting.

We're going to HH on the 8th March if you fancy joining us, I'd love to see an expert on them! And you can tell me all the many things im doing wrong lol! Realise you're a busy man though!

Comment

Hi Ysb33r, My KTP's arrived and I tried them out for the first time at MK last weekend. Totally different beast to the snowblades, I felt really slow, but I was also feeling indoor snow was super sticky compared to a mountain? Took 4 hours for me to start feeling confident on them but didnt manage anything exciting.
                    They probaby need a good wax or two. I suaullay put some indoor wax on for the summer months. But in the interim, just wipe some Zardoz on them before riding on the indoor slopes.
                    Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                    Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Working...
                    X