"How To" question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "How To" question

Just bought my first skiboards! Old, used MNP's. In good shape and got em for a steal.

They came with what the previous owner called a 'grindplate'. Basically an 'S' shaped peice of stainless steel that bolts to the center of the binding.

Here's the question: How does this 'grindplate' function?

I've looked all over trying to find a video of someone using this but can't find anything. Next week I'm heading out for my first try on skiboards so I'll probably just take the thing off. But in the future I'd like to play around in the terrain park.

Can anyone help me out?

BTW: My first post! I love this site! It helped seal the deal on buying these boards and I have a feeling there will be no going back once I start skiboarding.

Hopefully Jack, Bill , Wendall or someone knowledgeable will see this, otherwise PM them.... good luck and WELCOME to Skiboading & the Forum!
    C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Thanks!

I'll post a picture of it when I get home later (probably should've done that earlier, duh)

Comment

Where in Washington are you located? We have a few guys up there who ride park and would be down to get together. They are rollers also, so they could help you with the grind plate feature.
        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

western wa. mostly ride crystal mt. or down to meadows or timberline on Mt. Hood. About the same distance for me.

going up to Whistler with some friends from Ohio for a ski trip next week, that'll be where i try out my MNP's (can't wait!)

Comment

yeah your best bet would be to just take it off and not try to use it. it is a sole plate and it was a gimmick by line to try and sell skiboards. the only thing i had ever seen of it was a still shot and from what i remember i have never seen a video of it being used. basicly what it is used for is to lock onto a rail and grind it with one of your feet forword a lot like rollerblading. but all you end up doing is landing on the rail with the sole plate and sticking or just not being able to balance on the tiny plate. if you want to talk to someone who has used it i would pm. kirk thompson i'm fairly sure he tryed it back in the day.

matt

Comment

I believe there was discussions about a simular product on the fourm about 2-3 years ago.

FYI I'm in Olympia

Comment

Nice. I'm in Belfair (waaaayyyy out in the sticks

And thanks matthew. I will pull it off, especially for my first time up. Interesting to hear the history of it though. It does have "LINE" etched into the top of it so it fits the description.

Comment

Originally posted by NuclearFox View Post
                  Nice. I'm in Belfair (waaaayyyy out in the sticks
                  I know Belfair, I'm with Olyfed

Comment

Post a couple of pics of the grinding plates for historical archiving and reference here. Welcome to SBOL NF.

Comment

Here are some pics (finally):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7716814...in/photostream

So, here's another question. Should I ride with the grindplate on the inside or the outside? Unfortunately I can't remove it at the moment as the bolts that go through the grindplate and into the board are long, so if I remove the plate I can't fasten the binding tight.

Comment

Originally posted by NuclearFox View Post
                        I can't remove it at the moment as the bolts that go through the grindplate and into the board are long, so if I remove the plate I can't fasten the binding tight.
                        Nuke,

If you can't find the right length screws easily, use some common 1/4" hardware store washers and stack them where the grind plates were.

Comment

Fantastic Idea! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X