Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, today's pic looks like Mark is just having a blast! It's making me itchier than most Mondays for some snow!

And GOM, dude, trust your autofocus. It's going to give you a much higher rate of keepers. You're not going to be able to tell if the shot is in focus by just looking through the viewfinder. And if you are relying on the focus confirmation lights, you're relying on your camera's autofocus system anyway- you're just being a hand-powered focus motor. I know that it kind of sucks to only have 3 autofocus points like on your D40, (not a dig- it's an excellent camera) but you can always focus and then recompose the shot.
    Revel8 ALP (Alpdors) w/ Spruce Pro Lite
    Revel8 Revolt (Chickens)
    Spruce 120
    Groove AF1 (90)

Comment

• Didn't Mark bail right after that shot?

I can't find the video clip

Comment

• Originally posted by oxenboxin View Post
        And GOM, dude, trust your autofocus. It's going to give you a much higher rate of keepers. You're not going to be able to tell if the shot is in focus by just looking through the viewfinder. And if you are relying on the focus confirmation lights, you're relying on your camera's autofocus system anyway- you're just being a hand-powered focus motor. I know that it kind of sucks to only have 3 autofocus points like on your D40, (not a dig- it's an excellent camera) but you can always focus and then recompose the shot.
        Yeah I go by sight alone, never use any autofocus features unless I am doing action shots...I found that it is incredibly difficult to get good focus on something moving when you have to focus manually. I'll get some pics up this year, I'm no amateur with a cam, my dad was a professional photographer for a while when he was in the airforce and I got a bunch of teaching growing up.
        Revel8 ALPdors
        Gold Revel8 Receptors
        Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
        ____
        Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
        If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

• handdrag 180?

Comment

• Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
            Didn't Mark bail right after that shot?

I can't find the video clip
            negative nancy
            facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

• Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
              negative nancy
              I have to agree, I've never seen Mark bail first hand...I think he just has someone else do some bails in his gear to make him look mortal to all of us here...
              Revel8 ALPdors
              Gold Revel8 Receptors
              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
              ____
              If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godofmedia View Post
                I have to agree, I've never seen Mark bail first hand...I think he just has someone else do some bails in his gear to make him look mortal to all of us here...
                i love skiing with mark because he is really meticulous about things. He thinks what he is going to do, does a few motions, and then goes and does it just like he planned.

Plus he never really gets mad about anything he bails on....and never claims WOOT!

Comment

• I got that feeling at jay when I was trying to ride with you guys.
                  Revel8 ALPdors
                  Gold Revel8 Receptors
                  Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                  ____

Comment

• Originally posted by tyberesk View Post
                    Plus he never really gets mad about anything he bails on....and never claims WOOT!
                    I don't know about the first one... but he definately NEVER claims.

Comment

negative nancy
                      http://sports.webshots.com/photo/218...97444085XafiAQ

I know I saw a video clip of mark going off that

it was about 30-40 seconds long, they filmed it on the side of the road

Comment

• Another way to get cool shots...

Greco, can you fit a LITTLE more gear into that backpack of yours...

8 fps with flash...

http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/200...bed-photo.html
                        http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/200...treme-pro.html

nice
                        Revel8 ALP (Alpdors) w/ Spruce Pro Lite
                        Revel8 Revolt (Chickens)
                        Spruce 120
                        Groove AF1 (90)

Comment

• i dont even know what that stuff means and its awesome
                          facebook.com/dlynamr8

Comment

i dont even know what that stuff means and its awesome
                            they can take lots of pictures, really fast and the light thing will make light really fast too

Comment

• oh, that sounds nice. i have a flashlight that i can click the button on and off really fast, would that help?
                              facebook.com/dlynamr8

Comment

oh, that sounds nice. i have a flashlight that i can click the button on and off really fast, would that help?
                                definitely, bring it with you next shoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X