Fun and Games at Alta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun and Games at Alta

Here's the last video from another great Westfest! The snow was tracked out, but temperatures were great and the sun was shining.

This one is my favorite because I'm actually in it, and I didn't fall.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

You finally got over being camera shy 😉

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
        This one is my favorite because I'm actually in it, and I didn't fall.
        But you didn't win our game

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
          But you didn't win our game
          You had an unfair advantage...longboards!
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I've never seen a magic carpet at a lift loading station. Was there one at the unloading end too?

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
              I've never seen a magic carpet at a lift loading station. Was there one at the unloading end too?
              No - just at loading. . . I've been on them a couple times before, but it is always an odd experience. . .

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
                I have only been on those a few times. I really didn't like the ones at Okemo on the lower elevation lift(s). For some reason they really threw off my balance. There were some of these in Cervino in Italy, but they worked quite well. The surface on those had more grip than the ones at Okemo or at least it seemed that way.
                In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
                  I have only been on those a few times. I really didn't like the ones at Okemo on the lower elevation lift(s). For some reason they really threw off my balance. There were some of these in Cervino in Italy, but they worked quite well. The surface on those had more grip than the ones at Okemo or at least it seemed that way.
                  These loading carpets are really the only way to efficiently load a 6 pack chair lift. Otherwise you get people falling over or falling behind as they try to shuffle their skis up to the loading line.

While the experience is a bit odd, as a skiboarder that does not ride with poles, I like them. It is a lot easier than trying to shuffle or skate in tight quarters. Also they seem to really help little kids to load the lifts especially when there are 5 little kids and one instructor in group lesson packs.
                  Boards:
                  2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                  2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                  2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                  2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                  2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                  2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                  2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                  2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Working...
                  X