Beaver Creek's Birds Of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver Creek's Birds Of Prey

Here's a cool video. If you haven't slid down this run yet, put it on your bucket list. World Cup races at BOP are on TV every year. I love to see places I've skied on TV.

https://youtu.be/9f-1k_O7mbA

The runs that make up the birds of prey course are my daughter's favorite though, when we mere mortals ski them, we make about a million more turns than the racers and BC has the big jumps fenced off so you can't do one of those 70-80 yards flying through the air. The cherry on top of the BOP runs is the relatively new Talon's Restaurant at the bottom. Nothing better than a blue bird day, a run down the course, and then a cold craft beer and grilled wings on the deck at Talon's ..... HEAVEN!

My wife is scared to death of BOP ..... she even hates the lift ride up to the top if we ski in from Bachelor's Gulch just to ride the BOP lift up to the main mountain.

Here is a good POV video of the run
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
      The runs that make up the birds of prey course are my daughter's favorite though, when we mere mortals ski them, we make about a million more turns than the racers and BC has the big jumps fenced off so you can't do one of those 70-80 yards flying through the air. The cherry on top of the BOP runs is the relatively new Talon's Restaurant at the bottom. Nothing better than a blue bird day, a run down the course, and then a cold craft beer and grilled wings on the deck at Talon's ..... HEAVEN!

My wife is scared to death of BOP ..... she even hates the lift ride up to the top if we ski in from Bachelor's Gulch just to ride the BOP lift up to the main mountain.

Here is a good POV video of the run
      Looks like a lot of fun to me 😁

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
        Looks like a lot of fun to me [emoji16]
        Beaver Creek

View from Talons deck looking back up Redtail at the bottom of birds of prey.
        Boards:
        2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

Every time I watch Hans' video of the run down BOP I have to blow it up to full screen mode and get just a couple feet from the screen. It makes me sorta dizzy.

BTW, what's the trick to getting videos to embed correctly? Even using the 'Insert Video' icon, it never seems to work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
            ......BTW, what's the trick to getting videos to embed correctly? Even using the 'Insert Video' icon, it never seems to work for me.
            We composing posts from a full web version of the forum this is what I do:

1 - click the "Insert Video" filmstrip button
            2 - this gives you a popup where you can insert the video URL
            3 - the full video link including the "https://" .......
            3 - click "ok" and you are done

Code should look like this "(video)https://Inserted YouTube URL(/video)" Except the parenthesis "( )" should be brackets "[ ]"

This works well for me for most video hosting sites except Vimeo. For Vimeo or if the above does not work for you just go to the site that is hosting the video and look for the "Share" feature. Most will have an option to get embed code. You just copy and paste that code into your post and ... VOILA!

EDIT -- Make sure you are using the full url (youtube.com) for YouTube videos. I noticed in the link you posted above you are using a shortened url (youtu.be)

Here is your initial video inserted with the full address:

Boards:
            2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s

Comment

I'll try it with a video of this BOP maniac.

That's it! Lesson learned? Don't use the SHARE link. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X