Skier's Journey Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skier's Journey Videos

A few of these "Skier's Journey" videos have been posted in other threads but I thought I would post a link to the ones I have found here. These are really terrific short films - great cinematography and great storytelling. Can only link to 1 video per post so multiple posts here.

La Grave, France - incredible big mountain skiing
    In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Skier's Journey - Japan

Japan - pow skiing - including at night with headlamps
    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Skier's Journey - Kashmir

Kashmir - skiing in a part of the world you don't think of when thinking about skiing in
      Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Skier's Journey - Baffin Island

Baffin Island - arctic Canada - amazing rock structures and couloir and skiing amongst the fjords
        Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Skier's Journey - Argentina

Argentina - long road trip in Argentina; the skiing is almost secondary to the other aspects of this trip
          Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Skier's Journey - Canadian Rockies

Canadian Rockies
            Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Skier's Journey - Shames Ski Area Canada

Shames Ski Area - great story about a local ski area in BC that was having financial problems with a plan to then be purchased by locals and operate as a cooperative
              Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Skier's Journey - Dubai

Dubai - in the snowdome
                Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Thanks for creating this thread. I am enjoying them.
                  sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Bump for a great post. Thanks for pull these together!!

I unfortunately could not find the video filmed in the Poconos .... LOL! I can almost here the narration for the Eastern PA stop on the Skier's Journey. I imagine it to go something like this ...

" In this land of short mountains and icy slopes I feel I have stepped into a time warp where straight skis are still used and tucking your jeans into your ski boots appears to be acceptable winter wear. As I wait in the 45 minute lift line for the one open run I contemplate where I went wrong in life and why we didn't drive the few extra hours to Vermont ...."
                    Boards:
                    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                      Bump for a great post. Thanks for pull these together!!

I unfortunately could not find the video filmed in the Poconos .... LOL! I can almost here the narration for the Eastern PA stop on the Skier's Journey. I imagine it to go something like this ...

" In this land of short mountains and icy slopes I feel I have stepped into a time warp where straight skis are still used and tucking your jeans into your ski boots appears to be acceptable winter wear. As I wait in the 45 minute lift line for the one open run I contemplate where I went wrong in life and why we didn't drive the few extra hours to Vermont ...."
                      That is too funny.

Some more Pocono film narrative:

"As the sun rose on the Camel's Back I was blinded by the glare from the frozen hardpack. It shone like a million diamonds scattered across the peaks. I wondered if my big pow skis would be able to gain a hold in this glacial landscape. It didn't take long to find out and the answer was no. Fortunately it was only 800 feet of vertical until we could get back to the car and see if better fortunes awaited us elsehwhere."

"Day 2 of our trip. Would today be any better? As we pulled into the parking lot of Blue Mountain our mood matched the mountain's moniker - buses were lined up in the parking lot and out poured hordes of weekend warriors. Who were these people? Invaders of the frozen landscape? Riding the lift we had hope - the highest vertical in the state. Our pow skis were again struggling in the frozen tundra. I see a flash of color and Jamie goes down hard taken out by another skier. As he struggles to his feet he is clipped again. This continues as he is pushed down the mountain in tumbling heaps. We decide to leave this place - we are not tough enough to ski it. We will retreat to La Grave for safety."
                      Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Too funny!

Change 800 feet to 200 feet and it works for my local resorts.
                        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewing View Post
                          That is too funny.

Some more Pocono film narrative:

"As the sun rose on the Camel's Back I was blinded by the glare from the frozen hardpack. It shone like a million diamonds scattered across the peaks. I wondered if my big pow skis would be able to gain a hold in this glacial landscape. It didn't take long to find out and the answer was no. Fortunately it was only 800 feet of vertical until we could get back to the car and see if better fortunes awaited us elsehwhere."

"Day 2 of our trip. Would today be any better? As we pulled into the parking lot of Blue Mountain our mood matched the mountain's moniker - buses were lined up in the parking lot and out poured hordes of weekend warriors. Who were these people? Invaders of the frozen landscape? Riding the lift we had hope - the highest vertical in the state. Our pow skis were again struggling in the frozen tundra. I see a flash of color and Jamie goes down hard taken out by another skier. As he struggles to his feet he is clipped again. This continues as he is pushed down the mountain in tumbling heaps. We decide to leave this place - we are not tough enough to ski it. We will retreat to La Grave for safety."

Nicely done. I'll start planning the filming schedule ... Do you think the "Big Mountain" skiers will be able to tame our Big Boulder?
                          Boards:
                          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
                          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
                          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
                          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
                          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
                          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
                          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
                          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
                            Nicely done. I'll start planning the filming schedule ... Do you think the "Big Mountain" skiers will be able to tame our Big Boulder?
                            With "Big" in the name surely it must be big enough for them to come and try. I am not sure they can tame it though - in another short film put out by K2 that I was watching these big time backcountry guys were in Austria and stopped skiing once the temps hit 40 degrees F and the sun came out so it is doubtful they could handle the PA climate.....
                            Think Like a Mountain

Comment

Working...
                            X