Jan 21, first day on RCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 21, first day on RCs

Hemlock, Jan 21 2012 from Mitchell Kuntz on Vimeo.

Last edited by Greco; 01-22-2012, 05:18 PM.
    2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Looks like you were having to stay a ways in the backseat to keep the tips from diving still. Is that right, or does it just seem that way?
    I do it because I can.
    I can because I want to.
    I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
    '08 KTPs

Comment

Thanks for showing us that Mitch,

I almost forgot snow came in the unpacked variety also. REALLY want to get out on my RC's in the deep stuff. Living through you for now.

Chad
      64 CM Bigfoot’s
      100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
      110 CM Rockered Condors
      130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
        Looks like you were having to stay a ways in the backseat to keep the tips from diving still. Is that right, or does it just seem that way?
        That's just my tendency from riding the regular condors through conditions like that for a good while last season. I didn't use the clips that had me falling backseat multiple times in short succession due to that. I definitely didn't need to be in the backseat as much as I was.

Comment

Awesome video!
          2011 KTPs w/ Silver Receptor Bindings
          2009 BWPs w/ Zero Pro Bindings
          Full Tilt High Fives

Comment

Sweet . MitchK , thanks for posting the vid ! so happy you were able to get a pair of the Rockered fat birds , they rock ! for those of us who are used to riding the original Condors , the new bird defintely is different , IMHO .. they float better and more smoothly from a dead center balanced position then any skiboard ever made .... just amazing ...
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

First day out and you have conditions I may never see in a life time out here in the prairies. Glad they are being put to good use Mitch.
              sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

How deep would you say the powder was?
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

probably thigh deep, but it was heavy/wet so you didn't go too deep if you were moving.

Comment

Looks like you had the same tendency as I going to the Rockers. I also wanted to weight the tails more than necessary and ended up going back seat several times. Looks like you had a good time, though.
                    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X