Switch Tricks (not fakie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Tricks (not fakie)

Just wondering what people are learning and trying switch (unnatural)? Anything turn out to be surprisingly difficult or easy?

I've always been pretty comfortable grinding both ways, but this is the first year I really started spinning both ways - forward and fakie. I find it pretty nerve racking to roll up to a jump backwards looking over my bad shoulder, but its a good kind of fear.

Riding forward, I actually find spinning switch to be smoother than my normal spins. Since I usually grab right hand and spin right, my unnatural spins are to the left, so grabbing right hand and tweaking slows the spin down, making it easier to control.

Anyone else have thoughts from trying to do tricks switch?

Originally posted by kirk View Post
    Just wondering what people are learning and trying switch (unnatural)? Anything turn out to be surprisingly difficult or easy?

I've always been pretty comfortable grinding both ways, but this is the first year I really started spinning both ways - forward and fakie. I find it pretty nerve racking to roll up to a jump backwards looking over my bad shoulder, but its a good kind of fear.

Riding forward, I actually find spinning switch to be smoother than my normal spins. Since I usually grab right hand and spin right, my unnatural spins are to the left, so grabbing right hand and tweaking slows the spin down, making it easier to control.

Anyone else have thoughts from trying to do tricks switch?
    I just started to try the unnatural spins (for me it's the opposite of you Kirk, my unnatural is spinning right), and it does feel slower then spinning natural. I haven't really thought about the reasoning, but hearing your input makes complete sense to me and I think it will help me progress. I will be working on that "control" hopefully grasping the concept and muscle memory before the season is over. I haven't really tried any jumps fakie, anything I have tried probably wouldn't even be considered a jump in your opinion, just small takeoffs to flat on sides of trails. So when this matters the most for me currently is on boxes, and this is where I will practice the rest of the season with your professional notes in my mind.

...Part of me can't wait to hit up a skatepark again and practice all summer on rails. That's not being a traitor is it? haha

Comment

i am AWFUL at doing switch tricks. ive been working very hard on it and its difficult haha. but i did do a switch on same way 270 out on a flat down flat ride on rail. and thats the best ive done so far

Comment

Working...
      X