New Tricks Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tricks Anyone?

Who's landed something new this season that has them stoked?

Nose butter 540
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bloom View Post
      Nose butter 540
      Is Dave really the only one w/ a new trick this year?!?

Comment

No, but only non-park riders post on the forums. Didn't you realize that? You've got to ride Rockered Condors or 120+ skis/boards to get some attention, haha. I even made a JS episode with pow riding and no one budged. It's the stigma nailed to me that I only care about park.

I did get a few other new tricks, but I've only been in the park a couple of times this season.
        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

No, but only non-park riders post on the forums. Didn't you realize that? You've got to ride Rockered Condors or 120+ skis/boards to get some attention, haha. I even made a JS episode with pow riding and no one budged. It's the stigma nailed to me that I only care about park.
          I rode through the park on my 87 Jades today. I didn't try any tricks but I got to watch my daughter land her first jump. Little air, big smile. My new trick was getting down Lupe's black moguls in one piece, and on a pair of shorties. Can I get a little credit?
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Hey, I watched you conquer black diamond moguls. You absolutely get credit.
            I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

i did a backflip...
              facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

That's like saying you woke up and brushed your teeth

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave Bloom;130858]No, but only non-park riders post on the forums. Didn't you realize that? You've got to ride Rockered Condors or 120+ skis/boards to get some attention, haha.

I feel some sarcasm here..... what? ...you can't ride boards longer than 105 cm .... ?1?

Comment

I even made a JS episode with pow riding and no one budged.
                    Not true. I made a comment somewhere saying I really enjoyed it. I also wanted to compliment you on how healthy you look. All the running is really leaning you out. I didn't mention this because I thought some might think I'm batting for the other team.
                    Boards/Bindings:
                    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                      Not true. I made a comment somewhere saying I really enjoyed it. I also wanted to complement you on how healthy you look. All the running is really leaning you out. I didn't mention this because I thought some might think I'm batting for the other team.

I apologize. I did see your comment when you posted and I greatly appreciate it. Whichever team someone bats for or just simply complimenting or constructively criticizing - no judgments. I compliment my friends at the gym when I see them a few times per year on their progress. And, thank you. Running really has thinned me out. Before I started skiboarding i weighed 158 pounds (I'm 5'6") with 5% body fat. Skiboarding dropped me to 145 pounds with the same amount of body fat, but much less muscle mass. Once I started running in June I have been down to around 140 pounds with 3% body fat. My muscle is cut, but my legs look too skinny. But, that's the figure of a distance runner. I like being able to run the distance, but I wish I wasn't quite as skinny. I can totally tell because I push far less weight in the gym. At this weight level even a few pounds makes a huge difference in how I look, how I run, and how I lift. Double edged sword. It actually affects my riding. I'm slower traveling into jumps, but with the leg strength (even with skinnier legs) pow and trees gave me zero problem on Revolts my first day out.
                      I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

New trick

Kirk... I finally learned how to shuffle poker chips with one hand!
                        rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                        ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Kirk, I have done a few things I have never done before in our game of SKI haha. We should have been filming that. I think you even did some stuff you never tried too.
                          RVL8
                          \______^=======^______/
                          www.YouTube.com/TalonSei

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                            Kirk, I have done a few things I have never done before in our game of SKI haha. We should have been filming that. I think you even did some stuff you never tried too.

Damn, you're right - I didn't think I had anything really new yet, but at least the makio/50-50 to 180 out on the flat rail was definitely new for me. We gotta do that again and film.

Comment

Please pardon my ski terms. I can do rails, spins off rails up to 270, and urban features. Me and some friends are making a urban edit so watch out for that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X