Video-New Year's at Carson Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video-New Year's at Carson Pass

Best backcountry conditions in years. Gathered up my buddies for a fantastic trip out to the Carson Pass backcounty yesterday to celebrate the new year!
    I was the video guy on Sherpas with the Spruce touring riser system . Jeff M. was on his brand new Spruce Sherpas set back on the back inserts with the new Spruce Riser/Tyrolia AT binding system . He is the guy in the black jacket with blue stripes on the arms . Billy is on Hagan 130s with telemark bindings and is the guy in the red jacket . Rich is also on Hagans with telemark bindings and is in the blue jacket. I shot some pictures and a video of our trip . Why don't you come along ?
    On the trail up to the ridge above Forestdale meadow.
    DSCN0269_zpssklbdg8o by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr
    Nearing the top of the ridge in the Carson Pass high country ...DSCN0270_zpsztfbm0d9 by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr]

My buddies at the top of the ridge before our descent into Forestdale meadow ... DSCN0271_zpstfrnbz1o by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

The open sun exposed south facing slopes into Forestdale meadow have variable snow with some thick challenging snow DSCN0275_zpsxuxv5xvp by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

After lunch on the other side of the meadow .. we climb some magic north facing slopes with absolutely perfect undisturbed powder
    DSCN0285_zpsuwfp0e8g by Jack Jue Jr, on Flickr

Fantastic trip and an all day adventure .. .we were at the trailhead at 900am and reached our car at 600pm completing the last part of the trip in darkness up a snowcovered road . Cold and windy day . Total solitude , we ran into no other folks the entire trip.

Here is the video .....
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

There is just nothing in the ski world quite like first tracks. So wish I could join you all.
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

I wish I could join you, that looks like an amazing trip.

I have played sports all my life and competed in martial arts at a high level, so I have always considered myself to be "fit". For some reason I just can't do endurance style activities. Maybe I have too many fast twitch muscle fibers and not enough slow ones? I hiked a lot this summer in the Superstions to try to improve my conditioning, but it was always a struggle for me.

I admire you guys who take the long way up[emoji108]
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I sure wish I could've been there...probably still many weeks before my leg is healthy enough.
        Michael - Backcountry Skier Extraordinaire - Reformed Telemark & Alpine Skier
        Icelantic Scouts with Fritschi AT bindings; Spruce Mtn. Sherpas with Alpine bindings & riser

Comment

Wow, what a wonderful powder day for your group. Thanks for sharing and keeping the dream of a powder day alive for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Happy New Year! Looks like a perfect day to kick it off. The skiing down part looked heavenly. The hiking part, not so much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
            '07 "soft" ALPs
            Eyeball DLPs
            125 LEs
            Ospreys mounted bindings
            Crossbows
            Spruce riser release bindings
            Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

Working...
            X