Salomon Snowblades.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salomon Snowblades.....

I just had a quick question..... when did Salomon cut there losses and discontinue all their models? Apparently I missed it.... which season was that?
    Revel8 Cities, Line FF Pro Bindings (orange)
    MNP's, Line FF Pro Bindings (blue)
    Line Weapons
    09 Line Anthems, Look px12 jib wb bindings
    06 Line Chronics, Salomon STH12 bindings
    sigpic
    "Leaving naysayers stumped like rainforests" - Sage Francis

2007-2008 along with Line.

Comment

hmmm I not sure how to take that... part of me is happy Line and Salomon quit because they were making shoddy products.... but the other half of me enjoyed their presence on the market, because they provided a big name to mass market a product similar to what we do.
      Line Weapons
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gorno
        hmmm I not sure how to take that... part of me is happy Line and Salomon quit because they were making shoddy products....
        ....revel8 is the big name that will make us appeal to the masses...just give it time, its getting there

Comment

I can't wait till I have some money.... I'm not sure which boards I'm gonna go with yet, but I'm thinking the KTP or one of Revolts. I am so happy that another company is picking up the slack.
          Last edited by Gorno; 03-30-2008, 11:06 AM.
          Line Weapons
          sigpic

Comment

salomon and line are in no way similiar to what we do.

ONE TIME I HUNG OUT WITH DAVE LYNAM IN PERSON

Comment

Originally posted by Mark
              Sure they are....without line, skiboarding wouldn't have achieved the popularity it did during the prime. Without Revel8 skiboarding wouldnt be growing as rapidly as it is. Don't think of line as the line that disowned skiboarding and became LAME...think of them as the ones that made some of the best skiboards of their time (alot like r8...making best skiboards of the time) By todays standards Line boards will always be low end...but in their heyday they were great boards.

Key differences... J-Lev sucked and left for the money...and Greco is....well awesome and would never even think about leaving skiboarding and everything he has helped to build.

You can't forget the history dude, as shitty as some of the people were...you can't just erase it. It is what it is.

Comment

I am not trying to step on any toes, but that statement is a huge oversight.... half the people who started skiboarding started on boards like Salomons, so whether you want to admit it or not they were important to the evolution of the sport
                Line Weapons
                sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tyberesk
                  Sure they are....without line, skiboarding wouldn't have achieved the popularity it did during the prime. [/QUO

Damn, you beat me to it
                  Line Weapons
                  sigpic

Comment

i meant currently.

Comment

And current twin-tipping is nothing like it was 5 years ago, that doesn't mean that they don't owe what they have to the previous. We all do owe our respect to line for what they did for the sport. However, we also must keep a critical view for abandoning the sport. We can also look at it as a good thing, because if line were still making boards, who knows if the demand for Revel8 would have ever existed. We should all keep our roots at heart and not turn our backs on those that created us like many twin-tippers do. To say that we owe line nothing would make us no better than the twin-tippers that deny that skiboarding is their roots.
                      I do it because I can.
                      I can because I want to.
                      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                      '08 KTPs

Comment

Did I miss something ? Did I somewhere say they had nothing to do with how skiboarding is today ? I don't even feel safe posting on this board anymore without being eaten the fuck alive after every post.

i've begun construction on the crucifix here at home...

joey, ty, you guys can head over with the nails when ever you're ready and hang me on up.

I'm done.
                        Last edited by Mark; 03-31-2008, 08:38 AM.

Comment

i meant currently.
                          ^ That would be where to me it seemed you said that line and salomon have no similarities to current skiboarding. I honestly have nothing against you Mark. It's just the way you said that sounded like you were basically saying that skiboarding today is infinitely better than it was in the day of line because we have better equipment. That is the exact argument that twin-tippers have put us down with. While it's true that our current boards are better, we shouldn't ignore the heritage behind us. I hate to see division in the sport, I hate internet flame wars, and I wouldn't say anything if I didn't feel that there was anything left to be said. Sorry to have offended you.
                          I do it because I can.
                          I can because I want to.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

'08 KTPs

Comment

On an entirely unrelated note, you might wanna clean out your pm box Mark.
                            I do it because I can.
                            I can because I want to.

'08 KTPs

Comment

I'm sorry guys. and ska you were correct in your statement, no need to apologize.

what i meant was, salomon and line are not currently supporting skiboarding.

i imagine by tommorow what i've just said will mean something different entirely though.

see everyone next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X