Deep snow rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep snow rescue!

Nice deep pow day today at Sierra until something rather unfortunate happened,
    More about that later.!First some pics, huge series of storms,still snowing and new terrain open. On my big gun Sherpas!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Was having a great old time ! Patrol had dropped the ropes to the trees , I got first tracks totally alone in deep pow , quiet and snowing , then came around one of those big snow covered boulders on a steep slope and felt my left leg drop suddenly into a deep well, my right ski and leg above the well and me trapped there, for the life of me I couldn't extricate myself left ski and leg deep in well which had set up like concrete. Lucky I could reach my cell phone in my pocket and call ski patrol. I was able to explain where I was and in short order a nice ski patrol guy arrived and helped get me out which was no easy task and took awhile!
    Be careful out there , especially in deep snow conditions!

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Another pic

Boards :
      Boots
      Bindings:

Comment

Glad you are ok. You need a riding partner with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok, but that is scary. I ditto the comment that you need a riding partner!

On a lighter note, be sure to buy yourself a t-shirt to commemorate the dangerous situation you put yourself in

Comment

Glad to hear you're OK Jack!
            rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
            ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
              Glad to hear you are ok, but that is scary. I ditto the comment that you need a riding partner!

On a lighter note, be sure to buy yourself a t-shirt to commemorate the dangerous situation you put yourself in
              Unfortunately my most dependable riding partner for weekday skiing , Sempai, is no longer in the area having relocated to MN.
              Bummer !

I most definitely will get that T shirt !!
              Boards :
              Boots
              Bindings:

Comment

What? Scott and Angie moved?
                rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Comment

Originally posted by rickylink View Post
                  What? Scott and Angie moved?
                  You haven't been paying attention, LOL. We unfortunately moved back at the beginning of August. If Jack wants to adopt me, I'd be more than happy to move back.
                  Boards/Bindings:
                  2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                  2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                  Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Yes, I definitely missed that one. Been a little occupied here this late summer with some issues of my own. I know you and Angie do well!
                    rickylink

~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Comment

Wishing you and Angie the best in your next adventure!
                      rickylink

~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Comment

Sounds like an epic day Jack!
                        I'm glad that you didn't get hurt.
                        Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
                        Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
                        Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Conditions look great! Glad to hear you're having fun and made it through that scary situation.

Comment

Working...
                          X