Artificial slopes(dry ski slopes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial slopes(dry ski slopes)

So I just got back from a local dry ski slope, I was on Spruce Edge Flyers for my first time ever riding something better than snowblades...

and it sucked....

Not the flyers' fault though, more the surface I was on.

It wasn't Dendrex even, it was better, white plastic carpet type stuff (without the diamond shaped holes).... the problem was that it was just far too slow with my weight (200lbs) on 99cm boards.

Caused me to have a couple of falls on my first few runs... just too slow to carve and kept catching edges cos the boards were dragging so much

Got better towards the end though, but only cos I was just bombing it straight down and doing turns at the end of the run.

Cracked the metal on one of my edges too At least they were the discounted flyers

Has anyone else got any experiences to share on dry ski slopes, just to re-assure me that it wasn't me just being rubbish? Hehe. (I normally carve like a man possessed on snow by the way)

My advice on dry slopes: only use rental gear on it, and keep your own set for snow. You'll only succeed in damaging your boards...
    Line MNP Bug - Spruce Edge Flyers - Volkl Karma - Scott P3 - Scott P4

Comment

Cheers bug, hehe yeah I certainly succeeded there... it was only because I fell though, must have bashed them together.

In what way would dry slopes damage the boards otherwise? would it actually scratch the bases?

I guessed it would probably take the layer of wax off, but I need to re-do that anyway cos going to Canada, so need extra cold wax. Does it actually damage the p-tex? If so, I'll probly do as you said and rent 'em next time.

Comment

Working...
      X