Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What board / binding are you riding this year?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RVL8 Blunt XL

Blunt XL's. Still RVL8's most versatile skiboards IMHO.
    Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
    Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
    Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

• I’m with you Gromit. XL buddies forever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      64 CM Bigfoot’s
      100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
      110 CM Rockered Condors
      130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

• Ospreys are my favorite again this season. A big part is the Head / Tyrolia Power Rail (PR) release bindings system on mine.

I just love how these carve and how easy they handle any condition, from hard grooms to deep powder. The added length vs. shorter boards helps with carving harder on good groomed runs and with float in soft snow and powder. I also love that they slide sideways like no other olard I have tried (except perhaps Blunts XL and regular Blunts, have not tried RC), yet are easy to edge, and when you edge them, they hold well and most importantly areally predictate and smooth.

They are perfect for the East Coast smaller resorts where full length skis are an overkillinmost cases and a shorty is just too short

But, I want to try Sherpas again this season - did not like the pair I tried a few seasons back, but with somewhat better skills this year, I want to revisit them. Thinking of Ospreys with more edge hold due to the camber for harder carving in small spaces

Comment

• I expect the Crossbows and BluntXL's will get a lot of my time this year. And I'll rotate the RC's in there too (rode them almost exclusively two seasons ago and then only once last season so they are lonely). . .

Comment

• XL buddies

Originally posted by CAN View Post
            I’m with you Gromit. XL buddies forever!
            Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
            Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
            Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

• Whichever boards don’t break! LOL

Started the season on XLs with soft boot setup but broke the XLs. Now I’m riding DLPs with soft boots and have some KTPs coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              The Skiboard Connection
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSkiboardConnection/

Comment

• Originally posted by alnewt1234 View Post
                Whichever boards don’t break! LOL

Started the season on XLs with soft boot setup but broke the XLs. Now I’m riding DLPs with soft boots and have some KTPs coming
                Oh good, I'm not the only one... Broke my old Canons and did some heavy damage to my Spliffs today... fingers crossed they hold together for big powder tomorrow, or I might have to resort to my old Dynastar Twins (at least they got a binding upgrade courtesy of my Canons). Throwing the Twins in the truck tomorrow just in case.

I love my Spliffs though, and am thinking about ordering another pair ASAP just in case. If the shop thinks they can patch them up good as new, I might consider adding a pair of SIIs to the stable; the powder is pretty reliable out here so I don't know that they'd get much use, but it would be nice to handle hardpack if we get a snow drought.

Running gold Receptors on my Spliffs, but I'm not 100% convinced. They seem to slip a notch and loosen up every so often.
                BOARDSLAYER
                Base / Edge Destruction X X X
                Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

• still ridding old school stuff....I'm I the only one?

I still ride my old Mike nick pro's which are still in excellent shape and still got another pair almost never used that I bought in 2002 when I was affraid to not be able to find skiboards anymore... I'm I the only one still using old school stuff. its been probably 10 year since my last visit here...
                  2001 MN's pros
                  2002 MN's pros

Comment

• Originally posted by jaysz666 View Post
                    I still ride my old Mike nick pro's which are still in excellent shape and still got another pair almost never used that I bought in 2002 when I was affraid to not be able to find skiboards anymore... I'm I the only one still using old school stuff. its been probably 10 year since my last visit here...
                    I still have a few pairs of 5o’s and MNPs, and a pair of FF Pro’s that are my go to non release option. I take them out now and then but just find the new gear to be so much more versatile and fun.
                    Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• So for solo trips where the snow is good I'll have the Spruce Crossbows and the Stickys
                      When I'm in groups with good snow just the Stickys with my pinball DLP's as a backup
                      At my local mountain , it usually has man made snow I'll be using the revolts and the slapdash.
                      Need to keep a full rotation or start selling them

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                        Need to keep a full rotation or start selling them
                        I used t have a huge collection of skiboards and longboards, but the Ickys made most of them redundant, so I had a clear out sale last season and sold off several sets of boards. Now I just have the Ickys for everything but deep powder, and the XLs for deep powder. I did keep my Slapdashes, but that was just to own a classic skiboard. By classic, I mean sub 100 cm, stiff, cambered, 4x4.
                        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

• I counted my quiver of Skiboards today. All 14 will have a home for some time yet.
                          This is the season to try out the Sherpas.

sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

• Newbie here, but I picked up a pair of DLPs for the season. Went and grabbed some Blunt XLs as well to try out and have on hand as a loaner for friends.

So far I've got two decent sessions in with the DLPs. Sadly, the second time out I sprained my knee botching a stupid bunny jump that I really wasn't prepared for, and I won't be healed up adequately until Sunday at best... But hopefully I'll be feeling good by then, because I really want to hit the Alps on my winter vacation.

My Blunt XLs are arriving some time while I'm on vacation. Stoked to try them out when I get back in January.

Comment

• Been riding my Revolts since 2013... but decided to finally try something new this season Blunt XLs and snowboard bindings here I come!

Comment

• I’m a complete newb... but I have an obsessive nature when it comes to new hobbies. Haha.
                                I bought 2 sets (one for my lady) of dynastar twins... but I knew that my goal was to try it out and then eventually get some RVL8's. I found a set of samurais with release bindings that give me the warm n fuzzys for my lady, I didn’t want her to risk any kind of injury with non releases. And I recently grabbed some older RVL8 revolts and some gold receptors off of this forum... I’ll keep the dynastars (which have line FF pro bindings on them) to use to get my snowboarding friends to convert, haha...

I’m just stoked for snow!

Last edited by Greco; 10-16-2019, 04:18 PM. Reason: Please use RVL8 instead of Revel8 (legally this is the correct name)

Comment

Working...
                                X