Spliffs at Vail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spliffs at Vail

I rode them today at Vail in a half a foot of heavy powder. Rode them set back. Jjue was with me on his pair set up the same way. I had tried these last year on hard snow and didn't care for them. After today, I like them more than the sherpa in soft conditions. They turn so easy in heavy powder and are incredibly stable. I am sold ont this skiboard. I never thought a sub 110 board could perform for me like this.
    Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
    Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
    Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
    History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
    After today, I like them more than the sherpa in soft conditions.
    What! What! What! Don't do this to me. I don't want to be buying and selling boards anymore.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
      ....I don't want to be buying and selling boards anymore.
      We know that’s not true.
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

After today, I like them more than the sherpa in soft conditions. They turn so easy in heavy powder and are incredibly stable. I am sold ont this skiboard. I never thought a sub 110 board could perform for me like this.
        What! What! What! Don't do this to me. I don't want to be buying and selling boards anymore.
        Looking for pristine Sherpas as a back up pair,,,,,,,,,,,,
        Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I rode them today at Vail in a half a foot of heavy powder. Rode them set back. Jjue was with me on his pair set up the same way. I had tried these last year on hard snow and didn't care for them. After today, I like them more than the sherpa in soft conditions. They turn so easy in heavy powder and are incredibly stable. I am sold ont this skiboard. I never thought a sub 110 board could perform for me like this.
          That's great news, I'm glad to hear it. You're a tough customer so this is big.

Comment

No pressure but there are only 12 pairs left. It's likely the Spliff will sell out over the next 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
              This pair was the raffle pair that I won at Shredfest year before last. Bill, bless his heart added a pair of rear inserts to them for me last year. I didn't get a chance to ride them last year. Thanks for another great board.
              Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
              History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                Looking for pristine Sherpas as a back up pair,,,,,,,,,,,,
                I can sell you a pair. They are the red plad pattern. I won't be needing 3 pairs anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
                  Spent the last two days on them at Bachelor in Oregon. Set back they were killer. I rode with a dozen ski club friends all really good skiers in a half foot of powder. No problem hanging with them. These are are great boards.

Comment

Spent the last two days on them at Bachelor in Oregon. Set back they were killer. I rode with a dozen ski club friends all really good skiers in a half foot of powder. No problem hanging with them. These are are great boards.
                    After the 4th day of riding them, it was a real pleasure to switch to Crossbows. The width can be tiring after a lot of time on the spliffs.

Comment

After the 4th day of riding them, it was a real pleasure to switch to Crossbows. The width can be tiring after a lot of time on the spliffs.
                      Agreed, wide skis and hard snow make my feet ache. I don’t know how people ride boards like the XLs on the ear coast. Guess it’s just another sign that I’m getting older[emoji53]
                      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Working...
                      X