Spruce Mountain Skiboards - 115 CM Crossbow Longboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
    I too have become much more of a Spruce person than a Revel8. no that I have anything against Greco's boards, it is just that the longer boards seem to suit me better,

I no longer care about spinning around on boards, riding fakie or trying to break the sound barrier. I just want to have fun going downhill, laying carves on groomers, floating on pow in freeride zones and enjoying the eerie silence being between the trees.
    I do care about spinning around on boards - that's fun - but frankly the design of the Crossbows is such that I'm personally not really gaining much by going shorter. On my recent trip out to Tahoe I took my Crossbows and Raptors, and I was on the Crossbows the whole time except for a couple of runs on DW's Stickys. It was pretty icy in the mornings, and I was actually missing my skis and Jr skis after the Crossbows started to lose their grip on transitions. One thing I've noticed, though, is that the Crossbows seem a little more delicate. I ran over some rocks in back country and did a few runs in the park, and boy the bases and edges really took a beating. I've taken the RVL8 boards through far worse with less damage.

Comment

• Groomers: Center.
      Deep snow: Set back

My new opionion after experiments today

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
      '18 Spruce Crossbow 115 + Spruce Pro Prime risers (Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings) [goto]
      '18 Spruce Osprey 13- + Ambition bindings plate-mounted [touring]

'15 Spruce Osprey 130 + Ambition bindings + backcountry riser [touring]
      '12 Rockered Condor 110 + Spruce Pro Sport risers

'14 K2 Pinnacle Boots
      '10 Spruce 120 + Spruce Pro Jr risers
      '13 Eman Uprise 104 + Custom Riser & SP100 bindings
      '11 Allz Elaila 94

Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Salomon RS80 boots

Comment

Working...
      X