Softboot review - RENTAL Vans Encore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softboot review - RENTAL Vans Encore

So the objective today was to make it to up to BoHo for first chair and in the process I forgot my boots! Doh! I got to the hill and for $15 was able to rent the last pair of Vans Encore (no clue what year, looked old AF) in my size for the day. These boots had a lot of wear to them, and a front BOA right where I never wanted one to be. Completely blown out, loose stitching in the toe box on one side as well as worn out heels, these boots were truly the bowling shoes of the snow.

The only way to know how they would perform was to BOA up and strap in and after some adjustments to the toe strap (the toes of the encore are very squat in comparison to Salomon's) and while not ideal, sliding the third strap as underneath of the BOA as I could I was ready to shred. It was a Condor kinda day, deep endless powder and the boots peformed incredibly well for how haggard they were. I give the modfied binding system the cred here, 3 straps and wings is alot of mass and equals alot of support. The bowling alley effect did mean however, after about 7-8 runs I was ready to call it a day.

I think it is fair to say although stiffer boots are preferred and for god sake don't forget your boots. You can get away riding some pretty crappy boots if your in a pinch.
Working...
X