GGO Middle Man Riser for softboot skiboarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGO Middle Man Riser for softboot skiboarding

Tonight was my first time out this season over at Mont Ripley we've gotten great snow fall with a fresh dump of 6 inches of heavy wet powder today, it was about time to shred. Rig for the evening; 109 TwoowT Lions paired with GGO middle man riser and sbol modified Team Stark snowjam's. Very pleased with these, the riser is well built and well designed, simple and you can tell a good amount of thought went into them. The GGO provides nice platform and great stability. I really like the width of these and the rubber dampener's on the ends. Couldn't say a bad thing about them really, because I didn't even notice them under me and thats a great thing! GGO is no longer around to make these and it's a shame. The riser is wide enough to accommodate K2's Tripod tech which I will be testing out soon. A wide bodied riser for wide bodied boards. Some stats lifted from the way back machine, as skiboardbindings.com no longer exists..

Specifications
    -22 oz each (0.64kg)
    -4in. wide (102mm)
    -1in. tall (25mm)
    -10in. long (254mm)
    -Full width moulded polyurethane rubber dampers
    -4cm x 4cm mounting bolt pattern

note: noticed there was some slight movement of the angle of the risers after last night from hard edging.. tighten these up and check the screws before you go back out!

update - the biggest flaw

just some additional commentary after 3 sessions on 2 boards on this riser;

well after some actual rigorous trialing I have to conclude because of the hollow nature of this riser the screws seem to have a bit too much play for their own good in the riser itself. I don't think its a change in temp issue. This is disappointing but possibly fixable with teflon tape or something wrapped around the part of the screw that contacts with the insert pattern on the riser, or perhaps a ever so slightly longer screw? Also a disappointment because I gave my Missouri's away !

While the Middle Man provides a nice wide platform and adequate leverage, the Missouri doesn't loosen and provides better overall leverage/response. I have a feeling I may be ordering another set.

I still have a set of the RVL8 Receptor riser to test out. And I haven't quite given up on these.... back to the lab!

Comment

take 3

Been out several more times on the middle man. On the Condors they have been brillant, I can't get over how much ass the regular Condors kick in their natural powdery habitat. Maybe it was some kind of tightening issue... tighten these to the maximum, and then some. Anyway, here's the final test of these... the Sova's. We got 2 ft just yesterday....

we all float up here

Comment

Working...
      X