Blunt Xls Reviewed by Sempai and JJue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blunt Xls Reviewed by Sempai and JJue

Sempai and I met up at Boreal for a great day of riding our new Blunt Xls.... Sempai with hardboots in a non release skiboard binding riding center mount and I rear mounted on my soft snowboard boot set up ..

I will let Sempai post his own review ...
    For me the Blunt Xls were fantastic . They have a different feel to both the Blunts and the RC's . I felt that they turned easier then either board ... I could carve or slide easily ... Very stable , easy to spin around , very fun , great edge hold yet nice and buttery sliding or pivoting , I am happy with how the boards perform rear mounted and did not try them center mount .. I want to leave them rear mounted to help me in the junky , variable soft snow I prefer .. I think this will be my go to skiboard this season . RC's for real deep pow days and Blunts for icy days but XLs for most days . Here is a video of us riding the boards today .... ps. Sempai shot some video also and will post these later.

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

I agree with everything Jack said about the XLs. I really have nothing to add except that I rode my pair center mounted.

They are superb! They'll be my go-to boards this season also.

Stay tuned for more XL vids.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Back to Center mount

It is fascinating watching yourself on video especially when you have another rider on the same boards to compare yourself to . Although I was having a whale of a time on the Blunt XLs from the rear set position, it is really apparent to me on the video that my skiboards are sliding out more then Sempai who is holding an edge better. Back to center mount for me . I hate changing binding positions for conditions and I think I will make center mount work as the preferred position for the XLs ..
      Boards :
      Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
      Boots
      K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
      Bindings:
      Zero Pro Non release Binding
      Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
      Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
      Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
      Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Nice video and review. Definitely tempting me now! HAHA!
        Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
        Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
        Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Comment

You two look great. I'm a little concerned about how subtle your outfits are against those flashy XL's... Nice riding though.😃
          rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
          ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Ridden centre my protos have never shown any tendency to slide out. I actually detuned the edges as they had too much edge grip lol. Will try the production boards Sunday. Can't wait. Fitted both pairs with TO bindings for Sunday. With my new lightweight boots, nice light combo all round.
            Crossbow (go to dream board)
            Most everything else over time.
            Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
              They are superb! They'll be my go-to boards this season also.
              You look great on them, very smooth and balanced. Rick is right though, you are missing a little flair
              Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Very stoked after watching video, my Blunt Xls arrived yesterday! Can't wait to try them out!
                99 Salomon Skiblades
                02 Line Fly
                10 Head Salamander
                12 Head Hot Rod 94s'
                15 Blunt XL

Comment

Thanks for the video and short reviews (hint that more is expected). Looks like they are going to be another must have skiboard.

How would you describe the snow conditions? It was hard to tell with the flat lighting.
                  sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                    Thanks for the video and short reviews (hint that more is expected). Looks like they are going to be another must have skiboard.
                    At this point that's about all there is to say about the XLs until they can be ridden in different conditions. They are definitely a must have. They're a superior meshing of what's great about the Blunts and what's great about the RCs.

Originally posted by slow View Post
                    How would you describe the snow conditions? It was hard to tell with the flat lighting.
                    The conditions were your typical tracked out blown groomer snow. Snow came down hard later in the afternoon, but it was wet and on the heavy side. I did find some untouched powdery snow on the outter edge of the run. Sweet!
                    Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Here's the little bit of video I shot:

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Cindy and I are driving up to Brian Head to do our maiden voyage of the season. We have the Xls and Cindy's new ALPS to try out. About the same conditions that Jack and Sempai had, but we were excited to try them out. We will report back after riding tomorrow.
                        64 CM Bigfoot’s
                        100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                        110 CM Rockered Condors
                        130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

This is kind of entertaining. Local resorts are opening in a week and I was starting to get anxious, so I turned to youtube to check out some skiboarding videos. I thought about the xls and figured someone had to have taken a video on them. Lo and behold, I found jjue's video.
                          I thought of coming here and mentioning it, but obviously I'm too late xD it's great seeing videos. Makes me even more excited to start the season soon!

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                            Here's the little bit of video I shot:

Nice. Thanks for sharing.
                            In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
                            Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

I was hoping to get my X L's out yesterday but we had rain here in Mammoth most of the day. Not a great way to get the season started.
                              rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                              ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Working...
                              X