Slingshots Unboxed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slingshots Unboxed

Just got my Slingshots in. Here are some pictures next to the Crossbows! I will get to ride them on Monday

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Standing them up distorts some how tapered they are, laying them done makes them look less tapered. For comparison ,the Crossbows are symmetric

Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Although they say 119, Jeff says they are actually ,117, which makes them just a tad longer then the crossbows, wider tip then Crossbows but narrower tail, Crossbows are rocker camber rocker, Slingshot has non rockered tail, camber, and rockered tip

Boards :
      Boots
      Bindings:

Comment

The Slingshots look like beasts.

BTW: I am surprised you are still allowed to buy Skiboards or use them given your latest adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Please don't tell my wife I fell into a well and had to be rescued, that's a secret

Boards :
          Boots
          Bindings:

Comment

Here is a picture side by side of Crossbows and Slingshots side to side with risers and binding both center mounted,. Interesting that the Slingshots even though on the center inserts look a tad rear mounted, that alond with the tapered non rockered tail might allow me to ride them center in all conditions which would be cool. I have to ride Crossbows rear mounted in pow.

Boards :
            Boots
            Bindings:

Comment

They look great! Mine were delivered earlier this week, but I haven't had a chance to go pick them up yet. Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                Although they say 119, Jeff says they are actually ,117, which makes them just a tad longer then the crossbows, wider tip then Crossbows but narrower tail, Crossbows are rocker camber rocker, Slingshot has non rockered tail, camber, and rockered tip

Are they capped or sidewall, Jack?
                171cm/190lbs
                Current Favorites:
                RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
                Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
                Other boards I'm trying:
                Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post

Are they capped or sidewall, Jack?
                  They are sidewall. Construction, stiffness, seems similar to Crossbows.
                  Boards :
                  Boots
                  Bindings:

Comment

Here is a picture of center mounted Slingshot along side rear mounted Sherpa

Boards :
                    Boots
                    Bindings:

Comment

ps. Jeff says he does have 3 Slingshots still available in stock and they can be bought as bare boards without the bindings . The web site in error said that the bare boards were sold out and only boards with bindings were available.
                      Boards :
                      Boots
                      Bindings:

Comment

ps. Jeff says he does have 3 Slingshots still available in stock and they can be bought as bare boards without the bindings . The web site in error said that the bare boards were sold out and only boards with bindings were available.
                        Were these like a prototype run? I guess I’m just surprised they are just about sold out so early

Comment

Originally posted by Toro View Post

Were these like a prototype run? I guess I’m just surprised they are just about sold out so early

No , Jeff ordered a small amount of product to have early in the season. . There will be more Spruce skiboards including the Slingshots coming later this month in a few weeks with his second shipment.
                          Boards :
                          Boots
                          Bindings:

Comment

Standing them up distorts some how tapered they are, laying them done makes them look less tapered. For comparison ,the Crossbows are symmetric

Here are a couple of tip and tail comparisons photos to the Crossbows.
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/wjeong...posted-public/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/wjeong...posted-public/
                            Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                            Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                            Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                            History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Working...
                            X