My new toy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joechoi74 View Post
    After doing some research on other people's skiboard I think it's normal. Haven't received a reply yet from email I sent.

After checking out other pics from other people I think it's just that this gap is a but bigger where the two ends meet.
    I don't want to be a PIA to anyone so I'm just gonna put in some filler and seal it. Preventative maintenance before the problem or might be maintenance before any problem existed.
    Going this upcoming week to test them out and hopefully my wife can get used to them quick.

Will get them on my two boys soon and if they like them, I'll most likely be giving Greco a call again. My kids just hate using rentals and I hate carrying all that awkward ski gear around.

Any recommendations? Oldest is 14 yrs 5'7 and 125 lbs. Youngest is 11 yrs 5'2 and 110 lbs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the Revolts and SIIs. I was a big Revolt fan until recently finding the DLPs. Can’t really go wrong with any RVL8 stuff.

If you are interested, a forum member is selling a used pair of Summits with direct mounted bindings. They may be a good start for your little guy. It’s a cheap option as he will probably sprout soon.
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
    2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Thanks for the input. I was thinking of getting more cost effective boards since these kids are going to run me broke with their growth spurts. At least they're going to be taller than me at 5' barely 7"........

Comment

Just received an email from Greco and reassured me it shouldn't affect the board. Was told putting in marine epoxy couldn't hurt it. Since I have marine epoxy from filling in some screw holes on my boat, I figured putting in a small drop will give me more time to appreciate the board.
        Thanks for all of the input from everyone.

Comment

First, you must use release bindings for kids. The risk of causing permanent disability by damaging their growth plates is not worth the risk.

All kids are different, but I think most have difficulty edging our wide skiboards. My kids did. Instead I had them on kids skis, until they swapped out to snowboards as teens, but that's another story. Having said that, I know some folks have put their kids on skiboards with great success.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I agree with Bad Wolf - release bindings are a must for kids. You might want to look at the 131cm Head Jr Caddy from Jeff @ Spruce. They are junior skis with custom reinforcement plates and adult/child rail bindings that allow both kids and adults to ride them. They have gotten rave reviews from riders here for their skiboard like qualities, and my older kid has been on them for two seasons. Depending on your kids feet sizes you might be able to get Roces or Full Tilt adjustable boots and never have to rent again.

If you want to let your kids try skiboarding, you could just borrow some snowboard boots for your kids and let them try your Stickies on a safe, bunny run, or even get a pair of Spruce riser bindings and let them go all over the mountain. Stickies are narrower than most boards, and your kids can get a feel for their width before you commit them to skiboards.

Comment

I appreciate all of the suggestions and put them on a pair of skiboards with release bindings. I figured I would wait on buying them a used pair during the off season. If they like them I'll most likely get the older a pair of skiboots when he stops growing! The one thing I would look for is stability and shorter. My son told me the one thing he hates about skiing is carrying the awkward long skis.

I've been hoping to get to a slope to try out the news skiboards the wife and I got, but family stuff keeps coming up. Family first before skiboarding..........

Comment

Working...
              X