Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another good reason for leashes on non release bindings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another good reason for leashes on non release bindings.

I found another good reason for using leashes with my non release binding at Westfest . I was sitting on an chairlift with the bar down with one of those foot rest things , My boots and binding were underneath the foot rest bar. I inadvertenly caught the front lever of my non release binding on the foot rest bar and popped it open . There was my skiboard dangling from my boot attached by the leash Luckily I was seated with fellow skiboarders who came to the rescue . Courtney organized the rescue ! I raised my boot and dangling skiboard up and Macrophotog who was seated next to me eased the rear of my boot into the rear bale and snapped the front lever and I was back in and good as new ! Disaster averted! Thanks !!
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Tom saved the day!
    Skis/Skiboards:
    2019/2020 Lib Tech Backwards 166cm with Marker Squire 11 Bindings
    2018 Spruce "Woody" Sherpa with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track
    2018 "Dave's Face" DLPs w Snowjam Non Release Bindings
    2016/2017 Rossignol Soul 7HD 164cm with with Marker Griffon 13 DM Track

2011 Spruce "Blue Board" Sherpa
    20?? Spruce Sherpa "White Board" Prototypes still in plastic

Boots:
    2012 Salomon SPK 90
    2011 Salomon SPK Kaos 100
    2008 Salomon SPK Kaos 95

Comment

Would have been an excellent opportunity to practice on one foot to retrieve the one that was dropped!

Way to go team!

Comment

I remember posting some advice against riding non-release bindings without leashes, last February.
        I'm pleased that your leash did it's job Jack but regret that my warning was so prophetic.
        Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
        Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
        Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
          I found another good reason for using leashes with my non release binding at Westfest . I was sitting on an chairlift with the bar down with one of those foot rest things , My boots and binding were underneath the foot rest bar. I inadvertenly caught the front lever of my non release binding on the foot rest bar and popped it open . There was my skiboard dangling from my boot attached by the leash Luckily I was seated with fellow skiboarders who came to the rescue . Courtney organized the rescue ! I raised my boot and dangling skiboard up and Macrophotog who was seated next to me eased the rear of my boot into the rear bale and snapped the front lever and I was back in and good as new ! Disaster averted! Thanks !!
          Same thing happened to me but it was a snowboard that hit my toe lever while on the lift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

This is why everyone should switch to my step-in setup
            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Back at Jay Peak 2009 someone lost a KTP from the lift and didn't have a leash. Luckily it didn't run away!

Comment

Working...
              X