Just these, nothing else !

Hello there!

Comment

Rex approved.

Comment

2017 Ickys - And So It Begins

As always, the graphics look much better in person. Very light feeling boards as well. I'll bet they are going to turn really fast. Soft and flexy, especially compared to boards like the Slapdashes and ALPs. The camber is easy to compress, so they should be smooth to ride.

Comment

2017 Ickys - And So It Begins

Ickys with a variety of binding options. I think they look best with the Gold FF Pros. I would be nice to see what they look like with Receptors of different colors if anyone has any pics?

Custom Spruce Risers and Attack 13 Bindings

Gold FF Pros

HDPE Custom Risers With Attack 13 Bindings *Setback Option*

Custom Soft Boot Set Up

Comment

There are not many colors to work with in those boards. Maybe a pair of green (possibly silver) Receptors would look decent.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

My feeling is they may be too narrow for soft boots. I fear the boots will hit the snow when up on edge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
              Crossbow (go to dream board)
              Most everything else over time.
              Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                My feeling is they may be too narrow for soft boots. I fear the boots will hit the snow when up on edge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                Great point.

Over time I have started to realize that the boards we used to say were perfectly suited for soft boot bindings, like the Blunts and RCs, were really too wide. Obviously the width wasn't so much of an issue in soft snow, but getting those wide boards up on edge on hardback required a lot of effort. At least for me and my skill set. I had the most fun last season using Bill's soft bindings on my narrower Slapdashes. Of the course the Ickys are even narrower, maybe too narrow? The Missouri Riser has less than a centimeter of clearance on either side, but my Edge Risers are clearly hanging way over. I guess, like most projects, the proof of the pudding will be in the field testing. I think, for a fairly conservative rider like myself, there should be enough clearance for most of the terrain I take on. I do like to challenge myself on bumps, steeps and in the trees, but I don't exactly lay it over on the groomers. If not, I may be the cartwheel champion of AZ next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                  Over time I have started to realize that the boards we used to say were perfectly suited for soft boot bindings, like the Blunts and RCs, were really too wide. Obviously the width wasn't so much of an issue in soft snow, but getting those wide boards up on edge on hardback required a lot of effort.
                  Exactly! Softboot set ups are sharp---appearance-wise--- on the ultrawide boards like the Condor & Blunt series but can look goofy on relatively narrow skiboards. Unfortunately, the wider a board is underfoot-the more leverage it takes to edge it over. With any set-up that compromises a secure leg-to-board connection, even just a little bit, the problem is compounded (especially for riders without superhuman skill sets ;-).

The most secure boot (really lower leg) to board connection is, IMO, Tim's (Crazyboy's) step-in nonrelease setup. A hard ski boot is literally pinned to the skiboard. I don't think it's any accident that Tim gets along very well on the widest of wide cambered boards using this configuration. It would be interesting to get his comments on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                    Ickys with a variety of binding options. I think they look best with the Gold FF Pros. I would be nice to see what they look like with Receptors of different colors if anyone has any pics?

Custom Spruce Risers and Attack 13 Bindings

Gold FF Pros

HDPE Custom Risers With Attack 13 Bindings *Setback Option*

Custom Soft Boot Set Up

You're going to love these boards. It will be interesting to see how your custom softies work out...
                    rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                    ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by rickylink View Post
                      You're going to love these boards. It will be interesting to see how your custom softies work out...
                      Rick, can you post an image of the Ickys with your Bombers. They look good on video but it would be nice to see how the colors match closer up. Thanks. Great edits too.

Comment

Here ya go

Rickylink >>)))°>
                        rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                        ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Comment

Oops, I guess I should have flipped them around first.
                          rickylink

~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Comment

Thanks! The SII look great: not too wide, not too narrow, not too long, not too short, not too stiff, not too soft, not too cambered, not too rockered ... for East Coast groomed conditions.

EDIT, but they seem too narrow for softboots... I don't know if smaller sized feet's boots and bindings are any narrower than mine, but I just overlaid my snowboard bindings on top of a pair of Blunts and it ain't pretty. Even with a riser I think they will be in the way in certain conditions... Can't imagine using the SII with a setup like that, but who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by Kocho View Post
                              EDIT, but they seem too narrow for softboots... I don't know if smaller sized feet's boots and bindings are any narrower than mine, but I just overlaid my snowboard bindings on top of a pair of Blunts and it ain't pretty. Even with a riser I think they will be in the way in certain conditions... Can't imagine using the SII with a setup like that, but who knows...
                              At close to 14cm, the Blunts, RCs, XLs and Condors are easily wide enough for even the most aggressive riding with a soft boot set up. Even the KTPs at 12.5 cm have plenty of clearance. Remember, you are always using a riser of some sort, so the boot and binding can afford a little overhang as long as the riser is narrower than the board. In fact I think that overhand makes for a very responsive set up; mechanically that makes sense. The narrowest boards I have used them on are the Slapdashes at 10.5 cm wide, and the Ickys are 10.6 cm. But, like I mentioned before, I'm not exactly a lay it over carving style of skiboarder. To be fair, If you do like to "dig trenches", a soft boot set up probably wouldn't be your first choice anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X