No announcement yet.

Best Purchase Used This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I should give a shout to my Moto X Play. I bought it because of the humongous battery, and it sure does the job. With light use it will go 3 days, ideal for a ski weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Crossbow (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Comment

While not exactly a dedicated skiboarding item my best "used" purchase for the season was our Volvo XC90. We grabbed a slightly used demonstrator from our local dealership to replace a Ford SUV but could not have anticipated how much it would have improved our ski/skiboarding season. It is by far the best driving cold weather vehicle I have owned or driven (and I have owned a Jeep CJ-7 and several other 4x4s). With the icy crappy, rather than fluffy snowy, winter we had being able to confidently hit the roads in a safe capable vehicle was awesome .... plus the heated seats "apres ski" are good for the old bones and cold bottoms.

While not a used purchase I have to give and honorable mention to the Spliffs. I am glad I picked up a pair. I have really enjoyed them this season!!
      Boards:
      2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
      2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
      2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
      2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
      2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
      2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
      2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
      2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

best used purchase by far was the used RCs i picked up from Bad Wolf. overall my new setup was amazing, and after some late season trips this year and a season pass already purchased to Snowshoe Mountain, i can't wait for next season!
        2019 BluntXLs
        540 Team Stark bindings with RVL8 softboot upgrade

Comment

After years of being stupid and fighting a cheap, smallish, untrue mill vise I finally got off my billfold and picked up a brand new Grizzly 4" "Kurt knock-off" mill vise. It's wonderful! The Kurt design has almost zero "jaw lift", everything is square and true, and the full 6" of opening cuts set up time on wide workpieces to nothing. Did I mention it's wonderful? You know something is good when you catch yourself daydreaming about it in the middle of the day for no reason. I suppose this is skiboard related since I'm always fabricating and modifying bindings and such on the mill.

Another smart purchase was a pair (actually two pair, an extra for good measure) of Spruce Ospreys. They're a laid-back version of the Sherpa with the happy combination of longboard support and shortboard maneuverability, equally competent on ice and powder. I like them a lot and will always have a pair in the arsenal.

I'll never give up my terrific, unreplaceable vintage full tilt hardboots, but made a softboot upgrade with a pair of triple-boa K2 Thraxis models. The customizeable fit is a great feature and the rigidity is just right for our skiboard binding conversions. The boas are indeed a pain to fit but it's worth the trouble. Thanks to Jack the wise suggestion here.

Comment

New (to us) 2007 Hyundai Sante Fe, love this vehicle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

I like those Santa Fes a lot - my brother had one before he traded it in and bought a Subaru Forester. I'm still driving around my old 2003 Hyundai Tiburon, but I have plans to upgrade to an SUV this year - something that will get me to and from the resorts next season!
              2019 BluntXLs
              540 Team Stark bindings with RVL8 softboot upgrade

Comment

Gotta change mine to the Spruce Ospreys with track bindings. Today was our last day out, and in powder with a few sudden appearances of blown off crust they were a fantastic combination of floaty and playful and incredibly stable. A great board for the big snow at WestFest and so much fun to close out the season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
                '07 "soft" ALPs
                Eyeball DLPs
                125 LEs
                Ospreys mounted bindings
                Crossbows
                Spruce riser release bindings
                Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

Line MNP, never had better edge hold.
                  Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Roussel View Post
                    Line MNP, never had better edge hold.
                    90 or 99, they were made in both lengths I think?
                    Crossbow (go to dream board)
                    Most everything else over time.
                    Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                      Yes they were, actually 89 and 99.
                      Boards/Bindings:
                      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
                        99cm.
                        Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Rockered condors and line flys

My two best purchases were a pair of rockered condors from Gromit which I have used for the last day and a half and they are absolutely bloody brilliant, so much fun to ride, had hard groomed and spring slush and a few cm of fresh so far and took to it all.
                          Second I got a practically unused pair of line flys from eBay for the other half as a step up from her blades and she is getting on better saying they flex much nicer!

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerninja View Post
                            My two best purchases were a pair of rockered condors from Gromit which I have used for the last day and a half and they are absolutely bloody brilliant, so much fun to ride, had hard groomed and spring slush and a few cm of fresh so far and took to it all.
                            That's brilliant! I'm pleased that you're having a great time on them.
                            Spruce Crossbow 115 "Ski Track" skiboards - My Go To skiboards
                            Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW release bindings on Spruce Risers
                            Nordica HF110 ski boots

Comment

Working...
                            X