Spruce bindings and sole length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spruce bindings and sole length

I'm going to order a new set of spruce riser & bindings. I'm also looking at getting another set of boots. The problem is I'm not getting them at the same time and the boots I'm looking at have a 5mm longer sole length. my current boots are 348mm and the new ones will probably be 353mm.

Would it be better to drill two sets of holes or one set of holes for say 350mm?

I'm probably not even smart enough on this to have a gross conceptual error. Help me Mr. Wizard.

How can you get 1 pair of spruce bindings to fit 2 boot soles with only 5mm difference?

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
    I'm going to order a new set of spruce riser & bindings. I'm also looking at getting another set of boots. The problem is I'm not getting them at the same time and the boots I'm looking at have a 5mm longer sole length. my current boots are 348mm and the new ones will probably be 353mm.

Would it be better to drill two sets of holes or one set of holes for say 350mm?

I'm probably not even smart enough on this to have a gross conceptual error. Help me Mr. Wizard.

How can you get 1 pair of spruce bindings to fit 2 boot soles with only 5mm difference?
    Someone else will have a much more detailed answer but it is my guess that the heel piece will have at least 5mm of adjustment without new holes. If you let Jeff Singer know when you order them it most likely won't be an issue.

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem. As rgzip said, the heel on ski bindings are designed to adjust, and the range is usually significantly more them 5mm. Without measuring, I would say that mine easily have 15 mm of adjustment in each direction, and that is probably a conservative estimate. In addition to that, the bindings are not drilled for just one size. They have a series of holes that you can move the toe and heelpieces to to fit a wide range of boots. That being said, at 5mm difference, it should be as easy as adjusting the heel piece.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
      X