Is this a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal?

Hello, Someone is selling their Summit Custom 09/10 with releasable binding for $225, do you think this is a good deal?

Installed is a set of Head RFD11 quick adjust (release) bindings.

The person selling it said these boards are very clean, with no deep scratches. The top graphic is vinyl and can be easily removed.

Personally I don't think it's a good deal. Those look much older than 09/10. I've followed Summit from the early 2000's. I have never seen that board before. It looks to me to be a much older model. Plus you'd be better off staying away from boards where the bindings are directly mounted.

Check out this thread: http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...php?t=12034#en
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

The top graphic is actually vinyl and can be removed, the original graphic underneath looks like below. I did a google and it looks like this was from 09/10.

Would purchasing a riser and installing it make a difference?

Comment

If you were going to do that, you might as well buy other boards. Do you know if these boards have the 4x4 inserts since they have bindings directly mounted already? I'd also be leery that these boards have been stressed from the setup they currently have. I'd forget about them and pursue another set, just my opinion.
        Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
          If you were going to do that, you might as well buy other boards. Do you know if these boards have the 4x4 inserts since they have bindings directly mounted already? I'd also be leery that these boards have been stressed from the setup they currently have. I'd forget about them and pursue another set, just my opinion.
          That model Summit 110, does in fact have 4x4 inserts buried underneath the direct-mounted bindings. Mounting a spruce riser would definitely be possible, and would improve the ride quality dramatically, but the existing bindings would have to be removed and discarded (at some salvage value I suppose), then the empty screw holes filled and refinished with plugs, epoxy, etc. Even then, the skiboard would have permanent scars from the old bindings. Direct-mount release bindings on skiboards is just a bad idea. Personally I would have no interest in them.

With the current sale an Spruce 120 combo packages, a brand-new-in-the-box, ready-to-ride 120 with risers and bindings included could be had for not that much more than these used skiboards. Opinions vary, but IMO the Spruce 120 is the finest skiboard ever made with the best binding system ever devised. I would go that route in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            With the current sale an Spruce 120 combo packages, a brand-new-in-the-box, ready-to-ride 120 with risers and bindings included could be had for not that much more than these used skiboards. Opinions vary, but IMO the Spruce 120 is the finest skiboard ever made with the best binding system ever devised. I would go that route in a heartbeat.
            So very true!
            Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Thank you Sempai and Bill for your opinions!! I might have to reconsider this purchase and continue looking for a better deal.

Comment

Working...
              X